JowiHue beta release 1.0.4.8 for Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JowiHue beta release 1.0.4.8 for Linux

The release 1.0.4.8 is available in the beta section of the manage plugins page of HS3. This beta release is ment for testing Linux with this plugin.

For using the plugin with Linux, you will need the HS3.0.0.143 build for Linus, earlier builds have serious issues with the Creativitiy page, althoug you can control lights on the device page.

Please place your comments in this thread.

This build solves also issues with reacchabality of the bridge and adds support for some extra lamptypes.

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

I woke up this morning and 4 of my hue lamps were unreachable. This has been happening since I updated to 4.7 and now on 4.8 (only a few weeks). They are connected ok in the Philips hue app, but the plugin doesn't know if they are on or off and says unreachable. When switched on with the plugin they switch on ok. Events based on wether they are on or off don't run though.
    Any ideas??
    Cheers
    J

Comment

Jason,

I checked it from here and see the same issue. Once a light becomes unreachable for the Phillips bridge it does not update the device once it becomes reachable again for the bridge.

Will llook into this.

Thanks,

Wim
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Hi, Wim,

I se the same behaviour since the last 2 updates.

Other note; the plugin is quite stable. However, I had a party a week ago, and used the Huedisco app. The day after i saw that the plugin exe crashed. Probably something todo with the rapid changing of light statusses?

Bart
        Regards Bart
        ------------------------------------------
        Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
        HSPRO 3.
        Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

Ok thanks,
          I don't think I've seen this much before two weeks ago, well haven't noticed anyway. Another thing I have changed is I have added a hue lux bulb, also about two weeks ago. These bulbs are on a zigbee network, I wondered about changing the channel on the bridge??
          Or could the lux bulb have tipped the bridge over the edge !! I've got 4 hue, 1 light strip, 1 lux. Maybe the lux bulb because it's new has added a bug?
          Cheers
          J

Comment

I don't think the lux bulbs will cause this. I am using the same bulbs too and did not see this.
            I never changed zigbee channel as it is very stable here. Only change channel if you are suspecting that a lot of interference is happening? If it becomes unreachable only once in a while I would not change it yet
            -- Wim

Comment

@bart

I am using the music apps as well, but did not see the plugin stopping because of that. I did see that the bridge does not send an answer, once it is busy with the music apps, but plugin would recover from that.
              Will play wit the music app on wild setting, see what happens
              -- Wim

Comment

I see it sometimes when I use the xbmc hue plugin. Then the plugin for homeseer sometimes crashea

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

Comment

Looking at the comments from Pheaton and Bart it then seems to happen when other apps (XBMC hue or Huedisco) are busy with the bridge. I did not yet know about the XBMC Hue plugin, but it seems to me that this app will also put a quite high load on the Philips bridge?

How often doe the plugin come to a crash in this situation? Every time you use this app or then also 'sometimes'?

I will test the hue disco app with 'almost' strobe settings (bad for the eyes!) to see if the plugin would crash in my situation as well. I would be surprised, because I would expect slow responses from the bridge maybe, the plugin itself should refresh the light conformthe refresh rate setting.

Which makes me wonder, what are your current refresh rate settings in the configuration page?

Wim
                  -- Wim

Comment

Yes. It functions like a background light. Shifting colours. So I guess quit a high load.

In my case I'd describe it as sometimes.

Refresh rate is 2000

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X