Shutting off lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shutting off lights

I have been testing this and it is pretty nice. I can not figure how to shut off the lights with a event. If I create a event and in the brightness box it says enter a value 0-255. If I put zero in the brightness box and it reverts back to the last number I used or if it is a new event it goes blank after entering zero.
    Last edited by Larryguy50; November 22nd, 2014, 01:31 PM.

Larry,

You cannot use the brightness device to shut the lights off. You should use the root device, with this device you can switch the light off and on (or set alert or colourloop). Also, use the device itself to set this, no need for the JowiHue actions.

The phillips hue bridge won't allow a brightness of 0, it is a limitation of the bridge for some reason.
    I will remove the 0 setting from the brightess device in a fresh release, but as I am working on the multiple bridge challenge, it could take a few weeks.

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
    650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Shutting off lights

Thanks for the answer. I was stuck on this too, makes perfect sense now that I know how it works.

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
      Larry,

You cannot use the brightness device to shut the lights off. You should use the root device, with this device you can switch the light off and on (or set alert or colourloop). Also, use the device itself to set this, no need for the JowiHue actions.

The phillips hue bridge won't allow a brightness of 0, it is a limitation of the bridge for some reason.
      I will remove the 0 setting from the brightess device in a fresh release, but as I am working on the multiple bridge challenge, it could take a few weeks.

Wim

Comment

The "Off" setting is turning lits on

If I set a Hue light to turn off at a given time and the light is already off then it will turn on. I have tried this with the LightStrip, Bloom and a standard Hue bulb they will all turn on if they were off when the event triggers.

Stephen

Comment

Stephen,

Never tried to switch off a light twice But you are right, lights go back on!

I will make sure it is solved with the next release.

Thanks for noticing!

Wim
          -- Wim

Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos

Comment

Stephen,

I found the issue, it will be solved in the next release, wich will be available next week.

Thanks,

Wim
            -- Wim

Comment

Working...
            X