Philips Hue / HomeSeer Integration Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Philips Hue / HomeSeer Integration Ideas

I've just bought a Philips Hue starter kit, and am brainstorming ways I can integrate it with HomeSeer.

I've seen a few examples like :

- Flash Red if there's an alarm state (like smoke detector / water leak)
    - Change to Blue lighting if there is rain
    - Set mood lighting for scenes

What other uses have you come up with? Please share!

If you set an event to flash some lights red in the event of fire, please also set most of your other lights to turn on normally and not flash. In an actual fire, in the dark, you do not want a flashing red light alone while you are fumbling around to get out of there!

Comment

Originally posted by Jingoro View Post
      I've just bought a Philips Hue starter kit, and am brainstorming ways I can integrate it with HomeSeer.

I've seen a few examples like :

- Flash Red if there's an alarm state (like smoke detector / water leak)
      - Change to Blue lighting if there is rain
      - Set mood lighting for scenes

What other uses have you come up with? Please share!
      In my implementation I also have it giving a simple alert if mail comes in from certain persons. If it is mail for the wife, her light blinks, is it for me, my light blinks.

Also, I do change the colors of the lights near the TV when TV is switched on, and if the TV is of, animation for lights are running (slowly changing to mood lightning.)

Wim
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Just saw this article. Now this would be kinda cool to implement in HomeSeer.

https://gigaom.com/2014/12/15/this-s...you-healthier/

Comment

Reviving an old thread... looking for ideas, and (re)posting some ideas here to collect them in one spot...

- Holiday themed color scheme/animation (xmas, halloween, sports game days, etc).. even better coupled w/ automated theme songs playing in the background.

- Flashes when there's a phone call (way2call or SIP plugin or Tasker plugin), in case your phone is muted or in DND mode. Landline or mobile...

- Color coded environment alarms: smoke/fire, CO2, flood, UV, etc

- Hue Bloom on the nightstand, to serve as 'sunrise simulator' for morning alarm.

- Light-off indicator: When you automate your room lights with motion detectors and other sensors, you can give a signal 10-30 seconds before all the lights are about to turn off... giving anyone in the room a chance to extend the period. Maybe by partially dimming the light, or turning off one of the light, etc.

- Presence/Occupancy indicator: for those who use 'room is occupied' flag in HS3.

Btw, I use z-wave and PLCBUS w/ LED lamp and LED light strip as my primary light source... so I put my Hues in (white) Ikea Gavik table lamps around the house as indicator and accent light. I love how the Gavik can become invisible when the light is off due to its design, and lights up to a bright silhouette of a table lamp in all colors with Hues inside them.

ps: Gavik are designed for E14 bulbs; so you'll need E14 to E27 converter to put A19/E27 Philip Hues in them..
          HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

Working...
          X