Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting OS errors

Saying the Jowihue has stopped working.

I would like to do a clean install, how do I wipe all the data so I can start over.

Thanks

I have already tried a simple deinstall and reinstall and still getting the Microsoft OS Program has stopped working dialog box.

I think I might have this understood!`

It looks like the Plugin will fail when you try to call a scene that does not exist. Such as when you might do a reinstall and not update your events.

Also still having some issues when I create my own scene group, when I create a new item in the group, it seems to corrupt the database.

But limping along as this is the best Hue app for HS3!

Comment

Sorry for the late response, I was out for a few days.

Which version of JowiHue are you using? Make sure to use the 1.0.4.8 version. It is in the beta sextion of the manage plugin page. It is beta for Linux, but solves several issues for the Windows users as well.

How are you calling a scene that does not excist? If you created a scene, used in events and deleted the scene then, it should give a warning, not exit the program. If it is giving issues like you describe, it might be best to disable the plugin and then remove the events using the deleted scene.

On your last remark, could you descirbe a bit more on what you are seeing in the inteface for new scenes? It is not clear how your database would currupt?

Wim
      -- Wim

Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
      650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Database issue

I was bouncing back and forth between the beta and the current release, but I created a new scene group, and then created a scene within that group. At that point the screen showed two labels for the scene and you could make no further changes after that. You could also not delete it.

Hope that helps.

Comment

You might have an corrupt database by now, as errors vthat could have been stored in 1.0.4.7, will be inheretid by the new version now.

I wonder how you created a new group, without first creating a scene in a existing group? That part is not yet implemented, but will be in a future release?

Could you please send me the JowiHue.db by pm? You can find the database under the "HS3 installation folder\data\JowiHue" folder. That way I can check the database and eventually repair it (probably by deleting the created scene). Based on what went wrong, I can try to prevent it, if 1.0.4.8 doesn't prevent it yet.

Thanks,

Wim
          -- Wim

Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos

Comment

crhodes,

I was checking on an issue tonight for the new version and found something the might relate to your issue. A few questions to confirm:

Are you running on HS3.0.0.96?
            In your scenes, in any group, is there aready a scene present with the name "New Scene"? In that case, please rename this scene before adding any new scene.
            The plugin creates a new scene with a sequence number if it finds that a scene with the same name ("New Scene") already exists. As it appears now, in HS 3.0.0.96 there is an issue when using a dot in the name. This will be resolved in the next version of the plugin.

Could you please confirm if this is the same as your issue?

Wim
            -- Wim

Comment

Working...
            X