Practical hints for JowiHue release 1.0.5.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Practical hints for JowiHue release 1.0.5.3

A new release with lots of enhancements this time. You can find the details here.

One of the important changes is enabling the use of multiple bridges. Together with this change I have changed the way bridges are found on the internal network by using a UPNP scan. Because of that the plugin will generate a security warning at its first start on windows, if you have your Windows firewall enabled. It will ask if you'll allow the plugin to go outside the machine for scanning. This is a one time question and should not come back at subsequent starts.

The speed of controlling lights through scenes and animation has become a lot more fast and reliable. Especially for animations this enhancement is valuable as timings have become much more reliable. If you are using animations, you might want to review those now. If you did not yet use animations, play with it to see the possibility, or if you'd like to see more, I could post an explanation on the board to clarify the use?

If you plan to use the plugin on Linux, make sure you are on HS3 3.0.0.143, otherwise the plugin won't run. In this version an issue with the creativity page was resolved and works reliable from then on.

I have added the possiblity to take ('steal') a light from another bridge. This is also known as Lampstealer on the internet. Be aware that if you take the light from another bridge in the same network, the bulb will still be known on the old bridge, unless you go through a reset on this old bridge.
    No issue if the bulb comes from a bridge not in your network, but otherwise you will see the bulbs twice.

I guess this handles the most important changes. I hope you like the changes!!

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Hi Wim,
    Just tried installing the latest

<TABLE class=log_table_row cellSpacing=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class="LogDateLong LogDateTime0" style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" align=left>Jan-10 13:49:24 </TD> <TD class=LogPri0 align=left></TD> <TD class=LogType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Updater Error </TD> <TD class=LogEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Installation of package JowiHue failed. Try disabling the plugin first, then re-try the update. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE> <TABLE class=log_table_row cellSpacing=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class="LogDateLong LogDateTime1" style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" align=left>Jan-10 13:49:24 </TD> <TD class=LogPri1 align=left></TD> <TD class=LogType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Updater Error </TD> <TD class=LogEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Unable to open install.txt file for update C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Updates3\JowiHue1.0.5.3 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE> <TABLE class=log_table_row cellSpacing=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class="LogDateLong LogDateTime0" style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" align=left>Jan-10 13:49:24 </TD> <TD class=LogPri0 align=left></TD> <TD class=LogType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Error </TD> <TD class=LogEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Error unzipping C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Updates3\JowiHue1.0.5.3\JowiHue_1_0_5_3.zip, Wrong Local header signature: 0x4F44213C on line 0 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I disabled the plugin, but I got the same.

Wrong local header signature? Eeeeeew
    Don't think I've seen that one before.

Cheers

J

Comment

Jason,
      Somehow the published plugin is a corrupted zip file. I have notified HST about this, but have not yet heard back from them yet. I will let you know when it is corrected.

Win
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Ok no probs

Comment

That explains why I cant get the new version to install hope to see an update soon

Thanks Ken
          HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

All,

the plugin can now be correctly downloaded from the manage plugins page.

Thanks!

Wim
            -- Wim

Comment

Installed. Liking the faster response!!
              I'll check my animations (I have a few), and see how the "unreachable" issue goes.
              Cheers
              J

Comment

Hi Wim
                After checking all week the unreachable issue appears to be gone!
                Also - I retried cutting power to a different bulb and then switching power back on, and that goes unreachable then back to reachable so looks to be working ok too.
                I have decided that the hue lux bulb I got a few months ago is faulty (which wasn't helping troubleshooting) so it's being replaced. Once I have the new one I will try cutting power to it etc. but I think everything is sorted in this new version.
                Cheers
                J

Comment

Jason,

Thanks for confirming! Otherwise I would start pulling hairs!

I am now working on a change to restore the last known settings to hue bulbs if power comes back to a bulb... hoping to be released next week.

Wim
                  -- Wim

Comment

Very good!
                    I've just been looking at that hue lux bulb again. The Philips app and jon00's plugin both show it as unreachable (because it is off at the switch) and your plugin shows it as off (and reachable). I wonder if bulb isn't faulty and the HS3 devices are screwed up somehow??
                    Can I delete them and the plugin recreate them?
                    The replacement lux bulb should be here today so I can try that too.
                    Cheers
                    J

Comment

Jason,

You can delete the devices and the plugin will create them again. There could be an old beta issue in the devices, so that way you would have a clean devcie after that. Maybe deleting only the faulty lux would even be sufficient?

Wim
                      -- Wim

Comment

Hi Wim,
                        I think that's fixed it.
                        Now I have a spare lux bulb, oh dear what a shame
                        Cheers
                        J

Comment

LOL! Glad it is fixed Jason!

Wim
                          -- Wim

Comment

Hi Wim
                            Just tried the latest 1.0.5.4 and it throws the "wrong local header signature" error again
                            Thought I'd let you know.
                            What's different is this version, or is it just bug fixes?
                            Cheers
                            J

Comment

Jason,

It is solved now, so you can download it correctly.
                              I will post details tonight. Main enhancement is the ability to configer a device to recover last know settings if it comes back online (after swithing off power) and some correctlions regarding special characters.

Regards,

Wim
                              -- Wim

Comment

Working...
                              X