Practical hints for JowiHue release 1.0.5.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Works well
    So after a power cut all my lights will no longer be on.
    Nice.
    J

Comment

Originally posted by Skinnez View Post
      Works well
      So after a power cut all my lights will no longer be on.
      Nice.
      J
      Jason,

No if with the power cut HS and the bridge goes down as well. To preserve CPU and IO the plugin will only write down that latest status of a light when it becomes unreachable. This has to be reported by the bridge as well as that HS3 has to be running still at that time.

It is mainly ment for lights where another (wall) switch is used to swithc off the light. If the Philips Hue status is off, the light will go off again once power to the light is restored. Or if any nice color setting was used, it will restore the setting once the bridge reports the light is available again.

Restoring the light to off after a power cut should be done by events (no movement in the room --> off). I have those events in place here, but you would need a movement detection to do it.

Regardsm

Wim
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Hi Wim
        I have my server (that HS3 is on) on a UPS (the bridge is not) so it doesn't go down, only if the power is off for 20 minutes - then it shuts down.
        I have PIRs in every room and have timeout events that turn lights off, as you say, with no movement. I have them set to - no movement for exactly 10 mins --> lights off, so would need to change that to "for at least" for that to work. Some of my older lights (some bulbs and some wall switches) are run from rfxtrx433 and don't report their status, so would need to send the off signal every few minutes even if they're off :/
        Those lightwave RF bulbs are the problem, that's why I don't buy them any more, cut the power for a bit and they switch on. I don't get power cuts that often so I'm not too bothered.
        I'll try cutting the power to the bridge I'm interested to see what happens.
        Cheers
        J

Comment

Jason,

Just to make sure we are on the same page here. The plugin does not restore light settings when the bridge becomes unreachable. It will only restore settings if a light comes back from being unreachable. This is handy when you use a wall switch to switch off the Hue bulbs and switch it again to put power back on. In that case the light setting will be restored. This is if you have this configured in the property page of the device controlling the light.

This was a specific request of one of the users of the plugin.

I did not think on the possibilities of restoring lights when a bridge becomes unreachble yet. Am not sure if it would create unwanted surprises.

Wim
          -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Hi Wim
            On the latest version, had a couple of errors. Thought I'd let you know.

Cheers

J

MainThreadRoutine: Error: Object variable or With block variable not set.
            Feb-05 07:15:50 JowiHueGetBridgeConfig:Error:GetBridgeConfig: Is bridge reachable? Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=4.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
            Feb-05 07:15:46

Comment

Originally posted by Skinnez View Post
              MainThreadRoutine: Error: Object variable or With block variable not set.
              Feb-05 07:15:50 JowiHueGetBridgeConfig:Error:GetBridgeConfig: Is bridge reachable? Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=4.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
              Feb-05 07:15:46
              Jason,

Either something went wrong during installation or you have a DLL in the wrong place. Could you check the presence of the Newtonsoft.Json.dll in the \bin\JowiHue directory? If it is not present, take it from a backup if possible or check under the updates3 diretory for the latest JowiHue directory and take it from there.

if it is present, check if the same DLL is also present in the HS3 installation directory. If it is, remove it as it should not be there.

Regards,

Wim
              -- Wim

Comment

Cheers buddy I'll have a look at lunch.
                J

Comment

Yeah the .dll was in hs3 root. I installed a plugin to try last night when I also updated.
                  I remember the trouble you had with this when you first started this plugin.
                  It's a different version and belongs to the thinkingcleaner, I will see if the author can move it.
                  Cheers
                  J

Comment

Working...
                  X