Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GE Link bulbs?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • GE Link bulbs?

    I just found out it is possible to add these to the Hue hub.

    http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...85#post1158985

    Does anyone live near a home depot that has the hue hub and this plugin want to get a GE link bulb and test it?
    _______________________________________________

    HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
    Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
    Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

  • #2
    I do not see these bulbs yet on European sites, otherwise I would have tested it for you. But when I look at te specifications, it should just work as long you have a Philips Hue bridge.
    Apparently other brands are now keen to folow the Philips bridge possiblities. In another thread a German company made their lightstrips to be compatibe to the bridge ( FLS-PP lp wireless ballasts ). This worked, with a small isue on the color loop.

    As for normal white lights, I pretty sure the plugin should work as long the light connects to the bridge.

    Regards,

    Wim
    -- Wim

    Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
    650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

    Comment


    • #3
      I have a hue hub now, and these link bulbs add easily. No hacking or tomfoolery required. The hue hub actually controls these bulbs nicely. I setup some scenes, moved some bulbs around, and the HUE hub is just lightning fast and these bulbs work really well on it.

      At any rate, now I would like to get JowiHue configured, only problem is the plugin does not seem to be able to find my hub. I created another thread for that issue--looking forward to getting this plugin setup.
      _______________________________________________

      HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
      Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
      Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

      Comment


      • #4
        Tomfoolery is definitely something we want to avoid here!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
          I have a hue hub now, and these link bulbs add easily. No hacking or tomfoolery required. The hue hub actually controls these bulbs nicely. I setup some scenes, moved some bulbs around, and the HUE hub is just lightning fast and these bulbs work really well on it.

          At any rate, now I would like to get JowiHue configured, only problem is the plugin does not seem to be able to find my hub. I created another thread for that issue--looking forward to getting this plugin setup.
          jlrichar,

          The plugin should be trying to find the bridge through the UPNP protocol. Normally the bridge is announcing itself every two or three minutes, so in this time the plugin should be able to see the bridge.

          Most routers have UPNP enabled by default, is it disabled on your router by any chance?

          Wim
          -- Wim

          Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
          650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

          Comment


          • #6
            Thanks, I had some services disabled on my HS3 server. I am up and running, and been playing with the plugin all day. I'm working on scenes right now. I have a string of five lights and I would like to create a scene with the odd ones on, and another with the even ones on. But I do not see how to turn off lights in a scene. Is this possible?
            _______________________________________________

            HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
            Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
            Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
              Thanks, I had some services disabled on my HS3 server. I am up and running, and been playing with the plugin all day. I'm working on scenes right now. I have a string of five lights and I would like to create a scene with the odd ones on, and another with the even ones on. But I do not see how to turn off lights in a scene. Is this possible?
              No, Scenes do not switch lights off. You can dim them, color (if color lights are used) but not off. You can switch them off through control of the root device directly ofcourse.

              Wim
              -- Wim

              Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
              650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                No, Scenes do not switch lights off. You can dim them, color (if color lights are used) but not off. You can switch them off through control of the root device directly ofcourse.

                Wim
                In the Phillips Hue iOS app when you create a scene it is possible to turn a light off by moving the slider all the way to the left (and when you do the light is shown as off, not dimmed to 0). In the JowiHue plugin if you set a brightness to a value of 0 these lights are still on. So it is not possible to mirror the scene between the two apps. It would be great if you added "off" to the scene creation so I can mimic scenes.

                Also, when creating scenes in the JowiHue plugin you have this great button from creating a scene based on the lights current status, could you describe how that works? It did nothing when I tried it, but I suspect that I did it incorrectly.

                I imagine you have that there because the scenes created in the Hue app are not exposed to your plugin? Though I wonder if you added the Myhue login to your plugin, would that stuff become available? I do like that the plugin does not require any cloud stuff, thought it might be nice to sync scenes between the plugin and various iOS clients. Is it difficult to add?
                _______________________________________________

                HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

                Comment


                • #9
                  jlrichard,

                  So far I am following the Hue bridge possibilities and trying to follow this. The bridge allows a brightness at a minimum of 1, not 0. That is why the plugin is not switching the light off.
                  If you want certain lights off, or stay at their current setting, you create a scene that is not including those lights, so if you would like to control lights 1,3,5 you should create a scene including thos lights, if yo would like to have light 2 and 4 off at the same moment, you could address that in the event triggering the scene?

                  For the snapshot function in scenes, all you have to do is make sure the lights are set the way you like, and then press the button. It will create the scene accordingly, which you can then rename, edit etc. You will find more in the doucmentation that came with the plugin installation. It is in de docs subdirectory of your HS installation.
                  That said, the reason nothing was happening in your situation, might have been caused by the issue in the current version of the plugin. I have send the update to HST, so when it is published, please try again?

                  The IOS and Android apps differ in behavior, some save their scenes in the bridge, others hold their scenes in their own area. So synching is hard to do, at the most only the ones that save their scenes in the bridge, like the Philips Hue app for IOS is doing.
                  Up till now the plugin is using its own scenes, but it might become possible to save and/or address scenes on the bridge somewhere in the future. It might come when the plugin starts controlling the Philips Tap buttons.
                  But that will take some time as this would hold a major change in the plugin.

                  Wim
                  -- Wim

                  Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
                  650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                    So far I am following the Hue bridge possibilities and trying to follow this. The bridge allows a brightness at a minimum of 1, not 0. That is why the plugin is not switching the light off.
                    If you want certain lights off, or stay at their current setting, you create a scene that is not including those lights, so if you would like to control lights 1,3,5 you should create a scene including thos lights, if yo would like to have light 2 and 4 off at the same moment, you could address that in the event triggering the scene?
                    I could really do everything with events, but I like your scene implementation. For a group of lights I would like to be able to somehow turn off a light via the scene in the same way that I can with the iOS app. I am probably going to start buying some more bulbs controllable by this plugin (some hue lightsrips and more LINK bulbs). So I could either end up with a huge number of events, or a small number of scenes.

                    Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                    For the snapshot function in scenes, all you have to do is make sure the lights are set the way you like, and then press the button. It will create the scene accordingly, which you can then rename, edit etc. You will find more in the doucmentation that came with the plugin installation. It is in de docs subdirectory of your HS installation.
                    That said, the reason nothing was happening in your situation, might have been caused by the issue in the current version of the plugin. I have send the update to HST, so when it is published, please try again?
                    I tried again, and it still did not do anything. I'm not sure I fully understand the logic. It seems the button should be used after you have created a new scene and selected devices; with the button simply populating those devices with the actual values they have at that moment.

                    Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                    The IOS and Android apps differ in behavior, some save their scenes in the bridge, others hold their scenes in their own area. So synching is hard to do, at the most only the ones that save their scenes in the bridge, like the Philips Hue app for IOS is doing.
                    Up till now the plugin is using its own scenes, but it might become possible to save and/or address scenes on the bridge somewhere in the future. It might come when the plugin starts controlling the Philips Tap buttons.
                    But that will take some time as this would hold a major change in the plugin.

                    Wim
                    According to the hue iOS app it seems that logging into the my hue service is a way of accessing scenes on all devices, and even downloading community scenes. Is that correct? I'm still pretty new at using HUE stuff. I'm not sure if you can or want to bake this into the plugin in order to sync scenes but it might be a way of decreasing the work needed to work with scenes. Ideally though there should be some standard way of defining a scene so that scenes created via different apps could be synced to your plugin? I'm not sure if this is true or not. At any rate thank you for this plugin!
                    _______________________________________________

                    HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                    Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                    Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      jlrichard,

                      I tried playing with scenes in the philips hue app, but I cannot find a way to actually turn lights off, only setting it to a certain brightness/color (and on because of that). I can exclude lights from a scene, but those lights will then just stay the way as they are, if they are on, they stay on.
                      Maybe you are using another app for this?
                      Anyway, I will add the possibility set lights off in a scene in a next release.

                      For using the snapshot, you have to set the lights to color/brightness the way you like it (you could also activate a scene from an app on you phone) and then use the snapshot. It will read the setting of all lights having an on setting and copy those in a scene named 'snapshot'. Then you can edit the new scene to use only the lights you want/ remove not needed settings etc.
                      It is a perfect way to copy settings from other apps.

                      The scenes on the bridge are publicly available on the meethue sites and acessable through the Philips Hue app. the Philips Hue app saves the ones you use on the bridge. Other apps (non Philips) can address these stored scenes if they want, and add new scenes to the bridge if they want. Many apps will be able to use the stored scenes, but not many will save their own scenes to the bridge.

                      Challenge is that the Philips bridge is using its own algorithm to clear scenes from its storage, so you cannot trust the bridge to keep your scene available forever. That is why I did not choose to save scenes to the bridge.

                      It is possible in a future release I will support scenes coming from the bridge, as well as saving some scenes to the bridge. That would include programming the Philips tap. But this will be a major change in the plugin that is not coming soon yet.

                      Wim
                      -- Wim

                      Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
                      650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                        jlrichard,



                        I tried playing with scenes in the philips hue app, but I cannot find a way to actually turn lights off, only setting it to a certain brightness/color (and on because of that). I can exclude lights from a scene, but those lights will then just stay the way as they are, if they are on, they stay on.

                        Maybe you are using another app for this?

                        Anyway, I will add the possibility set lights off in a scene in a next release.



                        For using the snapshot, you have to set the lights to color/brightness the way you like it (you could also activate a scene from an app on you phone) and then use the snapshot. It will read the setting of all lights having an on setting and copy those in a scene named 'snapshot'. Then you can edit the new scene to use only the lights you want/ remove not needed settings etc.

                        It is a perfect way to copy settings from other apps.



                        In the HUE iOS app (hue from Philips), while creating a scene I can slide a the slider all the way to the left at which point the slider button will have a black circle in the center indicating off. Since these bulbs are monochromatic there is only one slider. Perhaps it only works this way for monochromatic bulbs? In your plugin the snapshot does not work at all with these bulbs. I wonder if it is simply because I have no values for hue/sat? If you remove hue/sat values from a hue bulb does snapshot still work? I will try adding dummy values to my lights to see if it allows snapshot to work.

                        For hue bridge scenes perhaps some syncing with options? For example keep in perfect sync, or just pull from bridge, or just copy new both or one way.
                        _______________________________________________

                        HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                        Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                        Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Cheap GE Link Lights

                          Save about 3 bucks a light, AND get a mini hub.

                          https://www.quirky.com/shop/992-ge-l...-bulbs-and-hub
                          .

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X