Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jowi Hue Plug in - a couple of questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jowi Hue Plug in - a couple of questions...

Hi -

I am very interested in the Jowi Hue Plug in. I thought I read somewhere that it can be used to control the Fibaro RGBW, which is what I would really like to do... so I have two questions:
    1. Can Jowi Hue control the Fibaro RGBW enabling custon settings of LED tape?
    2. I want to do this on a Hometroller Zee. Does Jowie Hue work on the Zee?

Thanks!

Ed

Juwi is for hue. It connects to the hue bridge. This is ZigBee. Fibaro is ZWave so I don't think this will work. You can use the ZWave plugin for the fibaro. But I'm not sure if it fully supports the rgbw fibaro module.

Comment

Originally posted by Edvins View Post
      Hi -

I am very interested in the Jowi Hue Plug in. I thought I read somewhere that it can be used to control the Fibaro RGBW, which is what I would really like to do... so I have two questions:
      1. Can Jowi Hue control the Fibaro RGBW enabling custon settings of LED tape?
      2. I want to do this on a Hometroller Zee. Does Jowie Hue work on the Zee?

Thanks!

Ed
      Ed,

As Phaeton already said, Fibaro is using the Zwave protocol and cannot be connected to the Phillips Hue bridge. This plugin can control lights connected to the Philips Hue bridge, which uses the Zigbee protocol.

I have never tested the plugin on the Zee. It runs on Linux fine, but to know if it runs on the Zee you would have to try, as I do not own a Zee heer.
      Ofcourse I would be very interested to know if it runs or not

Wim
      -- Wim

Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
      650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

The Zee does not support regular plugins. See the FAQ for info: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=146279. There are some posts of people modifying the Zee to run the full Unix version with some success, but there are significant memory/cpu constraints.

Cheers
        Al
        HS 3.0.0.548: 1970 Devices 1148 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 123 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Al,

Thanks for the info, I knew the Zee was a bit limited in possibilties, did not expect it to be too limited.

Wim
          -- Wim

Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
          650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Working...
          X