Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small problem

Hi Wim,

Sorry to be a pain. Looks like the plugin crashed. Any idea whats going on?
    Attached Files

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
    Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
    Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

It was cree connected bulb

OK. It seems that the cree connected bulb I added is causing jowiHue to crash. I had thought to create another post with the device name and type in case you wanted to add this bulb type to the plugin too, however, when I restarted the plugin and went to get the information for you, the plugin crashed again. It probably crashed the first time when I added the bulb, which I had about 30 min prior to finding the plugin crashed.

So no mystery on why it crashed. If you want to add the cree bulbs I have attached a screenshot of the hue app with device type and number. The one bulb seems to be controlled by the Hue app and bridge just fine.
    Attached Files

Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue

Comment

jlrichar,

I do not see any model number in the image I think, I suppose it is the one on the bottom with the empty model number?

I am not sure what kind of light this is, also I have no clue yet why the plugin crashes.
      Could you enable debug in the plugin and let it run until it crashes and send me the log? Filter it on JowiHue please?

Wim
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
        jlrichar,

I do not see any model number in the image I think, I suppose it is the one on the bottom with the empty model number?

I am not sure what kind of light this is, also I have no clue yet why the plugin crashes.
        Could you enable debug in the plugin and let it run until it crashes and send me the log? Filter it on JowiHue please?

Wim
        They do not seem like very good bulbs. I bought two, and one was DOA. The other does not seem to dim very smoothly--sort of jittery. The LINK bulbs by comparison operate very nicely. If you are interested in adding this I will continue to troubleshoot. Personally, I will probably return the one that connected and replace with the similar A19 GE link bulbs.

I probably will not return it until Monday, so I have the weekend to try to get you something useful out of it.

Comment

jlrichard,

I am still fishing what bulbs these are. As I understand now, these are not GE link bulbs? If not, what bulbs are they then?

On the other hand I think I do not need to put extra effort in it if you are returning them. I cannot get a hold of these ights from Europe I suppose.

Were these confimed Hue bridge compatible, or was this a guessed compatible bulb?

Wim
          -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

The five bulbs on the top are GE Link, and are great. The bottom one is Cree connected and seems a little unstable. Both are confirmed compatible.

https://gigaom.com/2015/01/28/how-to...ps-hue-system/

Comment

What worried me is that the cree connected is not showing a model. I think the plugin does not like that really. It might stop because of that, but I would have expected you see a error message about that in the log also before crashing, could you check on that for me?

For a future release I will add a check for empty models so it won't stop because of that.

Wim
              -- Wim

Comment

What worried me is that the cree connected is not showing a model. I think the plugin does not like that really. It might stop because of that, but I would have expected you see a error message about that in the log also before crashing, could you check on that for me?

For a future release I will add a check for empty models so it won't stop because of that.

Wim
                That sounds good. I gave up on the cree bulbs and just got some more GE bulbs. I could not get the cree bulbs to add to the hub reliably. Perhaps I will try in a few months to see if they iron the bugs out.

BTW I checked on the missing off graphic, it seems that you just forgot to include ZLL_status_off.png as I cannot find it anywhere.

Comment

jlrichar,

The missing icon is present in the new release of the plugin. I have send it for publishing to HST.
                  Also the ability to switch selected lights off in a sene is now available as well as a correction where the snapshop function could have an issue when white bulbs are used.

Thanks for finding those!

Wim
                  -- Wim

Comment

jlrichar,

The missing icon is present in the new release of the plugin. I have send it for publishing to HST.
                    Also the ability to switch selected lights off in a sene is now available as well as a correction where the snapshop function could have an issue when white bulbs are used.

Thanks for finding those issues!

Wim
                    -- Wim

Comment

jlrichar,

Thanks for finding those issues!

Wim
                      Hi Wim,

It seems that after updating the plugin none of my lights are reachable via the plugin, though they are connected to the hub and accessible via the HUE app. When I updated, I first disable the plugin, download/install, and then enable. Any idea what is going on?

Update: After investigating more it seems that the lights are controllable via the plugin, after turning a light on it shows on for about 1 second, then switches back to unreachable. So it seems that the status is not working correctly now. Can't wait to try the updates you added, but the only thing i can confirm right now is that the off graphic is present. Let me know if you need any more information.

Comment

jlrichar,

The changes made in the plugin did not touch status of devices in that area.

If the lightbulb device is showing unavailable, then that is the status reported from the bridge. The bridge finds the bulb unreachable for some reason. The Hue app from Philips does not always show the status as reported by the bridge.

Is the bridge positioned near other wireless devices maybe? Or is the nearest bulb on critical range (5-7 meters) maybe? That could cause regular reachable/unreachable reports from the bridge.

Wim
                        -- Wim

Comment

jlrichar,

The changes made in the plugin did not touch status of devices in that area.

If the lightbulb device is showing unavailable, then that is the status reported from the bridge. The bridge finds the bulb unreachable for some reason. The Hue app from Philips does not always show the status as reported by the bridge.

Is the bridge positioned near other wireless devices maybe? Or is the nearest bulb on critical range (5-7 meters) maybe? That could cause regular reachable/unreachable reports from the bridge.

Wim
                          You are right, it was the bridge and not the plugin. The bridge was able to control the lights, but they showed as unreachable. Odd. Power cycling the bridge did not fix it. Power cycling the circuit the bulbs are on did. I had setup the circuit so it cannot be power cycled by the light switch (it is UPB), so the bulbs have had constant power for a while. Perhaps they need a cycle every now and then. At any rate they are connected.

The snapshot finally works! Though turning off lights in a scene either doesn't or I do not know how to do it (likely). I really want to just mimic how scenes work in the iOS hue app. I think it is the official iOS app, it is from philips. In that one a scene applies to a group of lights, and some of them can be off. When I apply a scene in the iOS app that has some bulbs off, and use the snapshot in the plugin, it only captures the lights that are on. This is how you designed it and it works well. As a feature request could you first select a group of lights, and then do a scene capture for that group, and capture the off status too? This would mimic the iOS hue app

Since you said you added the ability to have off lights in a scene, I can only imagine that I am missing how you implemented it. What am I doing wrong. When I manually create a scene I do not see anyway to specify that a given light is off, or have the ability to set brightness to zero.

Comment

jlrichar,

I will not support catching the off lights in the snapshot. There are users with 60+ lights in their configurarion. If they need to catch a scene, they will ony be interested in the lights that are actually on and not in selecting 50 lights and removing them from a snapshot.

If you need to take a snaphot, you can still add the lights to the scene that need to be off and set them off? That is not a hard step, probably easier then each time deleting the lights that were off during the snapshot.

As for selecting the lights to be off, please check the radio buttons in the scene settting. There you can choose to switch selected devices off like in the image?

Wim
                            Attached Files
                            -- Wim

Comment

jlrichar,

I will not support catching the off lights in the snapshot. There are users with 60+ lights in their configurarion. If they need to catch a scene, they will ony be interested in the lights that are actually on and not in selecting 50 lights and removing them from a snapshot.
                              This is not what I am suggesting at all. What I am suggesting is adding another snapshot button after the select devices dialog. If you put it there it would actually be much easier for users with lots and lots of lights. And if you did put it there it would make sense to capture the scene that is set by other apps--which include off lights.

Comment

Working...
                              X