Change Toggle Status when Bri changed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am new to homeseer and this plugin and was wondering if there is a way to have the status of my hstouch toggle buttons for a jowie hue group update when a slider is moved. For instance I have a slider to control a group of lights and button to toggle those lights off and on. if the lights are off and I move the slider up, the lights come on yet my toggle button still shows off. if i then tap the toggle button the lights go to full bright. then a second tap and they go off. Please let me know if i am missing something. Thanks for the great plugin and any help/direction you can give me.

gmeyer,

I understand what your issue is. Group devices are never updated by the plugin, they only send commands to the bridge. The lights joined in the group will update their status, wich reflects in the single devices. So If you would the same on a single light, it would work like you described in your message.
    The issue here is that the Philips Bridge is not reporting on the grouplevel, it reports only on the lights level.

What I could try to do in the plugin is if you send a bri/sat/hue command on a group device to also set the on/off device of the group. But this is only an emulation, without commands to the bridge.
    Also be aware that the group device will not update when a single light changes, so the group device will not show changes if you change single lights, even if all lights of the group hold the same values.

Would changing this group behaviour help you?

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
      gmeyer,

I understand what your issue is. Group devices are never updated by the plugin, they only send commands to the bridge. The lights joined in the group will update their status, wich reflects in the single devices. So If you would the same on a single light, it would work like you described in your message.
      The issue here is that the Philips Bridge is not reporting on the grouplevel, it reports only on the lights level.

What I could try to do in the plugin is if you send a bri/sat/hue command on a group device to also set the on/off device of the group. But this is only an emulation, without commands to the bridge.
      Also be aware that the group device will not update when a single light changes, so the group device will not show changes if you change single lights, even if all lights of the group hold the same values.

Would changing this group behaviour help you?

Wim
      That would be perfect.. Thank you again for your help and quick reply!

Comment

Ok, it will be in the next version. I hope to post it next week.

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

After the update

After updating it is like my bridge is no longer connected. Do i need to re-register the bridge after updating? I am seeing this in the log

Error in Initplugin: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

Comment

Cannot Find Bridge

I ended up disabling the plugin, removing the jowiehue devices, and re-enabling the plugin. For some reason it cannot find the bridge now. I have double check that upnp is enabled, rebooted the homeseer server, rebooted the router, and reboot the HUE Bridge. Not sure what i'm doing wrong?

Comment

gmeyer,

I don't know what is going wrong from here yet. Especially your first error should not happen or at least I do not yet see how this could happen.

The philips bridge is sometimes slow in advertising itself to the network, but the plugin should keep repeating the search. Normally within 5 minutes it should find the bridge. Maybe a new restart of the plugin is needed.
              If possible, plese switch the debug option on in the configuration page, that way it shows more on what it is doing. If it still gives issues, please send me the filtered log with debug on by PM?

Wim
              -- Wim

Comment

Hi Wim
                I've updated too, the plugin locks all of HS up and the bridge keeps disconnecting. I've had to disable it, will have a look tonight.
                All was fine on the last version.
                Cheers
                J

Comment

Jason,

the issue for gmeyer is solved, in his situation the plugin could not properly find the bridge anymore after deleting the devices. The update for this issue should be posted somewhere today.

I wonder what you are seeing? Is there aside from the bridge disconnect any other messages comming from the plugin in the log?

Wim
                  -- Wim

Comment

Yeah I'll have to find them, I'm going to work but will get chance at lunch for a proper look. The plugin actually disconnects on my system eventually. Cant remember what the errors were exactly. When I restart the PI the log shows the bridge reconnect disconnect when commands to lights are issued (I think)
                    Cheers
                    J

Comment

Aha!
                      Just switched the plugin back on and got this in the log

Mar-12 17:52:22 JowiHueRecoverUnreachable Error: constraint failed columns BridgeSerial, ID are not unique

Do I need to re-add the bridge, what will that do to my existing devices and events??

It was fine before has the update screwed it up? I'll have more time when the kids have gone to bed!!

Cheers
                      J

Comment

Jason,

did this error lock HS3? Or was there another error involved too?
                        It is a message saying that thee database is getting a double recored recorded.

i beleive you still have my private email address? Please get the jowiHue databse from the data\jowihue directory and send it by mail to me, I can recover that.

In the mean time I will check the plugin to survive this.

Wim
                        -- Wim

Comment

No problem, I'll do that shortly then.
                          It seems to running ok, it might lock up later though. I'll have a look in a bit to see if there are any other errors (and find those others from yesterday)
                          Cheers
                          J

Comment

Jason,

Just let me know what the errors are. If you have this error in the log:

MainWatchThread: Error: (and then something like object variable is not defined)

Then I have this solved and am ready to publish. If you let me know it is the same I could send it to HST. This error occurs if one bridge is unreachable for a longer period. This indeed sneaked in with the last update.

Wim
                            -- Wim

Comment

Working...
                            X