Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wakeup Light

Wim,

What is the best way to invoke a wakeup light scene on a living colour lamp?

I now use a scene which invokes 2 actions, first an action to brightness 1 trans speed 0 and then action brightness 255 with transition 360 seconds. will try to post screenshots tomorrow if needed

However the lamp is mostly being switch on full brightness, however dont know if there is a inconsistency in my Database, or the lamp has an issue because sometimes this lamp is unreachable as well.

how would you advice me to set this up?

Bart
    Regards Bart
    ------------------------------------------
    Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
    HSPRO 3.
    Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Bart,

Are you using the same light in one scene, or did you use an animation for this (which you should use). If you are doing both actions in one scene, it is quite unpredictable what will happen. In a scene you better address specific light only once.
    In an animation you can combine two scenes, the first scene sets the living colour to bright 0, you can then choose to wait a bit (waittime) and then start the next scene with a transition time at 3600 (which is 360 seconds).

If you do not want to do this with animation or scenes, you can do the same in a HS event, by using the Set lights Options for Jowihue and use the waittime in between.

If despite this the light goes to full bright still, please check the properties for the device, on the JowiHue tap. Make sure the option "Recover light settings after being unreachable" is not ticked. Especially when you see the light itself becomes unreachable now and then, the plugin saves the last known state if you ticked this option. That might cause the light to go back to full bright if that was the last status. Uncheking this option gives you certain control of this.

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

I used 2 scenes, no animation, so changed this.

few remarks, questions;

- brightness 0 is not possible in scene, 1 is minimum.
      - do I need to use the transistion time in the animation or in the scene for max bright level?

new config is attached, btw transition time in image is changed to 3600

regards and thanks

Bart
      Attached Files
      Regards Bart
      HSPRO 3.

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

Bart,

The transition set in animation will be executed, overruling the scene setting. So the animation setting is correct.

I am still a bit wondering if it would not be more clear to change transition display to seconds, because I understand the confusion that is created here...

Philips has changed their API documentation, saying that the bridge won't accept values lower then brightness 1. I copied this to the plugin as I am trying to be strict in following the API. But you are not the only one who misses that :-)

Does it work correct now?

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Wim,

I found the issue, the waittimes need to be bigger then the transistion time. this caused my issue, because I did not use wait times, or they where to short. Maybe built in a failsafe? But problem solved now.

In the first versions of jowihue my wakeup light functioned

BTW during testing the scnes duplicating still caused issues when editing one of the copied scenes these settings also changed on the original scene. Using the lates version.

Thanks Bart
          Regards Bart
          HSPRO 3.

Comment

Bart,

I think I know why your wakeup light in earlier versions of the plugin worked. In those earlier versions the changing of light settings was slow. Beginning of Januari I released a version that would a lot faster on the scenes as well as animations.
            This speed change has really made a big difference, especially for animations, but sure, it had influences on the scene handing. I am pretty sure that caused your wakeup light different, as light changes are now handled in seperate threads.
            lets just say this was all in preparation of future support of music....

For now, use animations.these are really good I think.

As for the issue with waittime vs transition, I will change this, waiting timeshould never be less then transiation time. Also I will look in the duplication issue.Never checked it yet., I ama bit surprised there.

First I want to finish my work on the taps, so it might take a few weeks

Wim
            -- Wim

Comment

Working...
            X