renaming hue light devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• renaming hue light devices

Wim, what is the right procedure to rename hue lights without affecting braking the program?

Thanks,
    Aldo

Aldo,

How are you renaming the lights causing the plugin to break? If I knopw how you do this I could see how to prevent it if necessary.

For this version you have to go to the properties of the root device and select the JowiHue tab. Then you can rename it and it will make sure the rest of the devices in the group are renamed accordingly.

In the next version it will be possible to rename the device directly in the main property page.

Please let me know what stps you did to break the plugin?

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
    650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Hi wim, it was a preventive question, i di not want to rename these devices yet until I heard from you with the right procedure to follow. So if I understand it correctly, I will rename them from the Droid hue application then will go into your plug in and follow your instructions below, correct?

Thanks for implementing into the next plug in as well, great feature to have.

Comment

Ughhhh, You made me think you had an issue with renaming the device? Was wondering what could cause it

You can choose wherever you want to rename the devices, through the android app or the JowiHue plugin. If you perform the rename through the android app, the plugin will recognise the renamed Hue light and rename the HS3 devices.

It might take 15 minutes or so before the plugin will "see" the new name and act on it.

If you choose to rename the device through the plugin, it should be seen by the android app directly (maybe you need a restart of the app, not sure as I do not use android here).

So you need to rename the Hue lights only on one place, it should replicate to all other apps, including the JowiHue plugin.

Regards,

Wim
        Last edited by w.vuyk; April 23rd, 2015, 09:54 AM.
        -- Wim

Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
        650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Working...
        X