Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing hue bulbs

Hi Wim,

After returning yet another 2 hue bulbs, Philips sent me some new ones thankfully!!
    Anyway, I tried to switch the new ones with the two broken ones I sent back.
    This is what I did.

1. Shut down your PI.
    2. Deleted the bad bulbs (ID1 & ID2) using the iPhone Philips App.
    3. Re-added the two new bulbs with the Philips App and give them the SAME NAME hoping your PI would use the same devices (I thought the bridge would use ID1 and ID2 - it didn't - it used the next ID's 8 and 9)
    4. Restarted your PI - it complained of same name lights but created a new set of devices.
    5. Re-named the old light root device to "Hue Lamp 1xx"
    6. Restart PI etc.

Then I got the error below

Apr-28 07:53:57 JowiHue ============================================================ =============================
    Apr-28 07:53:57 JowiHue You can savely remove the devices belonging to this light
    Apr-28 07:53:57 JowiHue Dynamic deletion of light not yet implemented in plugin; please notify plugin owner
    Apr-28 07:53:57 JowiHue GetLightsFromBridge: Found light no longer defined on bridge: 2 -- Hue Lamp 2xx -- 388
    Apr-28 07:53:57 JowiHue ============================================================ =============================
    Apr-28 07:53:57 JowiHue You can savely remove the devices belonging to this light
    Apr-28 07:53:57 JowiHue Dynamic deletion of light not yet implemented in plugin; please notify plugin owner
    Apr-28 07:53:57 JowiHue GetLightsFromBridge: Found light no longer defined on bridge: 1 -- Hue Lamp 1xx -- 384

So I deleted the devices because all my hue lights aren't updating in the PI. I can control them from the PI but they don't seem to poll anymore.

Even though I have deleted the old light devices, I still keep getting the above error and none of the devices update.

I've probably screwed the .db ... again

Any ideas??

Cheers

J

Jason,

Internally the bridge and plugin are using unique id's, regardless of the name you give to the bulbs. So it is not going to work the way you hoped, sorry for that.
    Deleting lights from the bridge is enabled by the Philips Hue team since the last api, which I did not yet implement in the plugin. This should be available in the next version. How did you remove the old lights from the bridge itself? By using a reset?

Don't worry about the JowiHue database, you did not screw it up yet

Did you remove all plugin devices belonging to the bulbs? That is including the associated devices?

As for the plugin not polling anymore, could you enable the debug and restart the plugin? You send the log, filtered on JowiHue to my private mail address. I think you have it already.

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Hi Wim

I deleted the bulbs using the Philips iPhone hue app. It's the feature they added last update.

Yes, I have removed all the devices from Hs including the child devices.

The PI still says there are 9 bulbs, when I should have 7. It still thinks the broken 2 bulbs are there.

One thing I forgot to mention was I updated to the latest 3.0.6.1 before I realised there was a polling problem.

I'll send the log shortly.

Cheers

J

Comment

This issue has been solved

For some reason, either by slow deletion on the bridge itself, or starting the plugin early after deleting the lights, bulbs were still/again present in the HS3 database.

After deletion of the light devices the issue has been resolved and polling was enabled.

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Working...
        X