X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• w.vuyk
    replied
    Morton,

Yeah, to bad it cannot be signals in realtime yet. Polling is not ideal in these situations

Stay tuned though as Philips announced in January that they would come with their own sensors. I am hoping they will realise that bringing the signals to the outside world would be to their own advantage
    Maybe that is even the reason they are still holding the releases.
    And when they enable it, I will too.

Wim

Leave a comment:

• mhn
    replied
    Hi Win.

Thanks for the explanation. I know about the "closed" bridge so I properly read the manual. :-)

Then there is no way to make it work like I wish. :-( But that's the reason for play before making too many plans. :-)

I will put the refresh rate back to 2000. It sounds like 1000 is too much.

Regards
    Morten

Leave a comment:

• w.vuyk
    replied
    Morton,

It is not possible. I documented this also in the plugin documentation. Philips is not sending the tap presses to the outside world, so changes are only seen by polling and cannot act 'realtime'. This response is the best you can get for now.
    There are several requests for the Philips Hue Api to enable signaling the button press directly outside the bridge, but Philips did not yet enable it so far, nor did they make any promises that they will. If they do, I will implement it.

0,5 second polling is way to fast for good response of the bridge when also sending commands to lights. I think one second is the fastest the plugin will handle, which already puts a load on the bridge when you have many Hue lights.

I use the tap clicks also for myself, but in my case lights are first controlled by motion sensors and the tap button with HS event is is only used for actions on extra lights, controlled by Zwave. Because of this the speed is less an issue so far for me.

Wim

Leave a comment:

• mhn
    replied

Leave a comment:

• w.vuyk
    replied
    Morten,

The refresh rate might only be an issue when you create the JowiHue settings for the first time per button. During my testing I did a lot of timing to prevent slowness on the bridge as much as possible. When creating the Tap with the Philips Hue app, you see the same issues also during creation,

During creation lot of updates are send to the bridge to prepare for the rules and virtual devices. After this initial creation, the bridge should recover again.

I currently have my refreshrate set at 2000 (2seconds) and this works well in my situation. This setting might need adjustment when you have a slower network, or a network with a lot of traffic going.

Setting the refreshreate to 3000 (3seconds) for example will mainly cause the HS3 devices to respond slower to a light changing status through other apps. By adjusting the refreshrate you can find the optimal setting for the network. I am guessing any value between 2 seconds and 6 seconds would be nice.

Wim

Leave a comment:

• mhn
    started a topic Hue tap and refresh rate?

Hue tap and refresh rate?

Hi.

I play with the Hue Tap integration in the plugin.

It's really nice but now suddenly refresh rate becomes a big problem. Does anyone know how low I can set refresh rate without getting into trouble?

Regards
    Morten
Working...
X