JOWI stopped rotating pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JOWI stopped rotating pics

JOWI stopped rotating pics after 2+ years of perfect performance.
    I'm not aware of any changes to my HS2 Pro installation and run.
    The only change that I can think of is that the pic depository is on a different computer that was upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 lately. However I checked the directory and it is there containing all pictures.
    No recent changes whatsoever.
    JOWI displays steady just one of the 200+ pics I have in my collection.

Originally posted by risquare View Post
    The only change that I can think of is that the pic depository is on a different computer that was upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 lately. However I checked the directory and it is there containing all pictures.
    Sounds like maybe the upgraded Win10 computer no longer has the correct access permissions associated with those pics, or with the directory where they live.

Comment

Originally posted by risquare View Post
      I heared from several sides that windows 10 seems to change rights on several areas. I have no windows 10, so cannot check on it from my side, but my first check would be the rights... the one picture showing could be the last picture shown before you upgraded.

Wim
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

roll back to Windows 8.1 resolved it

You are correct something to do with privacy and permissions. Tried to fix it with no success. Provided that other apps stopped working as well I decided to roll back to Windows 8.1 and everything is working now.

While on the subject I didn't notice any significant improvements in Windows 10 compared to 8.1. To the contrary they are trying to push their Bing search showing search results that one never asks for such as daily news etc. For example if you are trying to find a photo labeled "mont blanc" in your computer a web search Bing search for "mont blanc" will be performed and results displayed before you have the option to select "my stuff only" and to restrict the search within the computer.

In other words they give you free Win 10 upgrade in exchange for using Bing extensively willing or not.

Comment

This might help others set up anonymous shares on modern (Vista+) Windows

http://blog.jamzarwebdesign.com.au/?p=198
          (note - Local Group Policy Manager is opened by Right Clicking Start > Run > GPEdit.MSC)

Surprised that the 445 port (suggested earlier) didn't do the trick...you shouldn't need to disable the firewall.

Comment

Working...
          X