Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recover light settings after being unreachable

Hello

Last week, I installed a Hue Beyond pendant in my kitchen, and it's not yet controlled by Home Automation switches. It's still controlled by a standard wall switch that cuts the power.

Yesterday I decided to test the plugin light setting: "Recover light settings after being unreachable" ...

But when I cut the power to the Hue Beyond pendant, it never becomes unreachable, unless I try to send a ON/OFF command to one of it's bulbs.

I thought the bulbs would automatically become unreachable after a certain delay, but it looks like it doesn't work. I'm not sure if the bridge can automatically report when the bulb becomes unavailable...

Any idea ?
    --
    stipus

Stipus,

I have a Beyond myself, but without the wall switch as I switch off the light through the plugin or the tap.

But when using a wall switch, the lights should show up unreachable a short period after switching the wall switch to off. I have one Lux here that is a bit instable and becoming offline every now and then, and this seems to miss out also now and then. I will do a recheck on this part of the plugin.

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

I just tested with a standard LCT001 bulb.

I did switch it on from the plugin, then unplugged the cord.

I'm now waiting if it eventually becomes "unreachable" in the HomeSeer status page. After 3 minutes, it's still "On".
      --
      stipus

Comment

Originally posted by stipus View Post
        I just tested with a standard LCT001 bulb.

I did switch it on from the plugin, then unplugged the cord.

I'm now waiting if it eventually becomes "unreachable" in the HomeSeer status page. After 3 minutes, it's still "On".
        That is too long It should be 30 seconds or so only...

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

I have been waiting for 15 minutes now, and it's still showing as "On".

I just clicked the "OFF" button, and it became "unreachable".

If I can be of any help (by sending logs, or running any test you may need to understand what's happening), you are welcome.
          --
          stipus

Comment

Stipus,

I have a question regarding the beyonds. As you know there are special groups created for these lights. If you use the official Hue app you will not see the 4 lights in the beyond seperately, you can only controll this light through the special groups (uplight and downlights).

I am still in doubt if the plugin needs to address the leds seperatly, or if it would be enough to focus only on the special groups.
            In daily use in my situation I set the seperate lights through scenes, but could do as well with only the groups as well. Of course the plugin would need to be changed, so it will update the special groups for the beyond regaring the hue/sat/bright settings.

Using groups only for the beyond saves quite a number of lights to be created as well.

What do you think?

Wim
            -- Wim

Comment

Wim,

I think it's interesting to be able to address separate lights, because you can create cool effects with multiple colors within the Beyond Down Group.

I have several scenes already setup with 2 or 3 different colors... You can have more creativity than addressing the group as a whole.

Stipus
              --
              stipus

Comment

I just found another problem with the hue beyond un reachable state.

1) I switch the hue beyond power off (at the wall switch)
                2) I activate a scene with a specific light state for all Hue Beyond bulbs (up + down1,down2, down3)
                3) In the HomeSeer device management screen, only Hue Beyond Down 2 state is set to unreachable.
                4) When I switch the hue beyond on at the wall switch, after a few seconds the plugin changes the light state of Hue Beyond Down 2 only.
                --
                stipus

Comment

I'm on the latest plugin version (1.6.5) and this feature still doesn't seem to work (recover light after being unreachable). I had a Hue light that was on near me, then I cut the power to it, waited until its status change to 'unreachable' in homeseer, then switched power back on. It turned on and stayed on.

What is the timing for this feature to work? Does it have to stay unreachable for a certain time period? (Is it adjustable?)

Edit: I was testing it with a Hue light was on; I went to find another light that was Off, and the feature worked as expected. I reckon the system has not updated the first light I tested that was on when I switched it off just seconds before I cut power to it. So if that is correct, the question would be: how often does the system record the Hues status, that will be used as the 'last known state before unreachable'?
                  Last edited by LeoS; October 11, 2015, 09:29 PM.
                  HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

LeoS,

The plugin records the status as per the polling frequency (refreshrate) that has been set in the configuration page. Once a light becomes unreachable the last known setting is saved. If a light was on, the color settings and brightness is saved. If a light was off, then this is saved.

This will only happen if the device property setting has been set to recover light settings. If it is not set, nothing is saved.

so with yout first test, with the light on, was the light having other then default colors? In that case the light would have started with the defaults but would change back to old color settings after a few seconds.

Let me know?

Wim
                    Last edited by w.vuyk; October 12, 2015, 06:10 AM.
                    -- Wim

Comment

This will only happen if the device property setting has been set to recover light settings. If it is not set, nothing is saved.
                      *blushes*

I thought I've set this setting for all lights, turns out this one is not ticked...

Could it be because I renamed the light? (btw I LOVE the feature where your plugin renames all the child devices, when you rename the root. I wish z-wave does that too).
                      HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

Here is a small scenario ...

1) The Hue Beyond light in the kitchen is powered off at the wall switch
                        2) All Hue Beyond bulbs are set to "Recover light settings after being unreachable"
                        3) In HomeSeer, the status of all Hue Beyond bulbs can be seen as unreachable.
                        4) I start a JowieHue plugin scene to set many lights in the house to specific settings (including the unreachable Hue Beyond in the kitchen).
                        5) I go to the kitchen and switch the Hue Beyond on at the wall-switch.

--> After a few seconds, the Hue Beyond is set to its last known state, the last state that was set when it was powered off at the wall switch.

--> That's fine: the plugin "recover light setting..." feature works

--> But, I think it would be so cooooool if the settings I tried to apply to the unreachable bulbs (when activating the scene) were recorded.

Do you think something like this is possible in a future version of the plugin ?
                        --
                        stipus

Comment

Stipus,

I understand what you want. I am having doubts if this is possible, especially considering the extra commands to send to the bridge. It might slow down response a bit to much.

I will put it on the list, but don't set your hopes to high on this yet

Wim
                          -- Wim

Comment

Wim,

Why do you say that they are extra commands to send to the bridge ?

In my opinion:

If the plugin wants to send commands to the bridge for an unreachable Bulb, and the bulb has the flag "Recover light settings after being unreachable" set, then merge the command to the internal settings you are keeping for this light.

When the bulb goes out of unreachable state, send the internal kept settings as usual.
                            --
                            stipus

Comment

Working...
                            X