Bug: copy scene in the creativity/animation tab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug: copy scene in the creativity/animation tab

When copying a scene/step in the animation tab, the newly copied step is still 'connected' with the original one. You can rename it, but any values changed (brightness/hue/degree/saturation) will also change the values of the original copy... And vice versa.

How to replicate:
    1. Create new test animation
    2. Create a test step
    3. Copy that step
    4. Change the parameters of the copied one
    5. Check the parameters of the original one
    HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

That does not sound good.... will check on it and change it.

Thanks!

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Np!

Btw, is the animation slower than it's supposed to?

I mean, I'm trying to do a 'police siren light' type of thing, where the color flashes a couple of times, almost like a camera flash... and I put in 0 transition and 1 delay, which should result in 0.1s flash, but the actual light just sort of undulates and much longer than 0.1 second.

The reason I'm asking this is because one of the Hue app I tried on IOS (OnSwitch) can show a very quick pulsating color change as one of its preset...
      HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Comment

Originally posted by LeoS View Post
        Np!

Btw, is the animation slower than it's supposed to?

I mean, I'm trying to do a 'police siren light' type of thing, where the color flashes a couple of times, almost like a camera flash... and I put in 0 transition and 1 delay, which should result in 0.1s flash, but the actual light just sort of undulates and much longer than 0.1 second.

The reason I'm asking this is because one of the Hue app I tried on IOS (OnSwitch) can show a very quick pulsating color change as one of its preset...
        0.1 second is about the limit of the bridge, taken that you are adressing the lights. If you are adressing a group the bridge is even slower.

I think you best start with the animation adressing scenes that use the bulbs directly, not groups. Then set a pace slow enough to see what is happening. Then, if the animation is adressing lights in the right sequence (for a police effect, you need to have the lights in the same sequence in each scene), only then, tune up the pace to see how fast it can go.
        For a police alert effect I would expect you to end up around 0,3 seconds between scenes. But this also depends on the number of lights you are adressing.

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

When copying a scene/step in the animation tab, the newly copied step is still 'connected' with the original one. You can rename it, but any values changed (brightness/hue/degree/saturation) will also change the values of the original copy... And vice versa.

How to replicate:
          1. Create new test animation
          2. Create a test step
          LeoS,

I think you are not on the animation tab, but on the scenes tab?

Thanks,

Wim
          -- Wim

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
            LeoS,

I think you are not on the animation tab, but on the scenes tab?

Thanks,

Wim
            Oh right, I was trying to make an animation and I went back and forth. Sorry!
            But you're able to replicate it?

Comment

Oh right, I was trying to make an animation and I went back and forth. Sorry!
              But you're able to replicate it?
              Yes, after the message I wnet to the scenes and found the issue. Will try to solve it

Wim
              -- Wim

Comment

Yes, after the message I wnet to the scenes and found the issue. Will try to solve it

Wim
                Ok, good to hear that.

Btw, why do my Hues turn on whenever power returns after an outage?

There's been a couple of blackouts in the last 24 hrs here.. and this thing happened on both occasion, that all three of my Hues turn on once power returned after the blackout. They weren't on when power was lost.

Edit: nvm, i guess this is a 'feature' by Philips. I suppose it's for users who combine using apps/taps and also conventional power switch with their Hues. This way, they will still see their lamp powers on like normal when they use the physical switch.
                Last edited by LeoS; October 2, 2015, 03:12 PM.

Comment

LeoS,

That is how Philips designed them. There is a possiblity to have the plugin to restore them to the last known setting after power to the light is restored. Switching to off is a valid status.
                  But with a blackout that takes down lights as well as HS and the plugin, the plugin cannot discover lights to be unreachable and save the status.....

That is where the philips standards comes back in....

In my config I control the lights actively with motion sensors. With a blackout the lights will come on, the plugin will report them being on again after the PC has restarted and the events will switch the lights off instead.

Wim
                  -- Wim

Comment

LeoS,

That is how Philips designed them. There is a possiblity to have the plugin to restore them to the last known setting after power to the light is restored. Switching to off is a valid status.
                    But with a blackout that takes down lights as well as HS and the plugin, the plugin cannot discover lights to be unreachable and save the status.....

That is where the philips standards comes back in....

In my config I control the lights actively with motion sensors. With a blackout the lights will come on, the plugin will report them being on again after the PC has restarted and the events will switch the lights off instead.

Wim
                    Yeah, that kinda suck for now... I saw plenty of posts about this when I googled it last night and someone mentioned it could be 'fixed' (given an option) on future firmware upgrade. Fingers crossed.

I haven't fully programmed my 'Power restored' events, since power outage don't happen often enough and I don't really care if we're not home anyway, since usually they just leave things dark and eco friendly But if a power outage results in bright rooms (i've ordered about 15 more Hues), I guess I'll have to get around to it and at least issue an 'all off' if the 'on trip' flag is on.

Comment

Working...
                    X