Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't find bridge, getting other errors.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• w.vuyk
    replied
    Originally posted by bphillips View Post
    This was happening after I had already allowed the plugin in windows firewall. I restarted HomeSeer and tried to connect and the plugin found the bridge in about 2 minutes.

Everything is working great now!

One more question though, is it possible to set a maximum time for alerts? I wanted to set up an event that flashed a hue light group if there was an alert in HomeSeer, but only flash them 2-3 times.
    With animations you can create your own alert with any effect you like. Standard the bridge comes with either a one time flash or a 30 second lasting flash. The last is what you get if you use the alert button in events or the device utility page.
    I am using my own animations for alerts. You can find more on that in the usage guide (in the docs directory of your homeseer installation guide)

Wim

Leave a comment:

• bphillips
    replied
    Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
    When the plugin started the first time a popup should have come on Windows asking permission to access the network by the Windows firewall. It needs this permission to be able to scan the network.

Is the HSPI_Jowihue.exe allowed in the windows firewall? A simple test is to stop the plugin, disable the windows firewall and start the plugin again. If it runs normal, you need to to add it to the firewall rules and allow the access.

If this is not case, there might be another program using the same port already. Did not see that one before.

Let me know if the firewall suggestion solves your problem now?

Thanks,

Wim
    This was happening after I had already allowed the plugin in windows firewall. I restarted HomeSeer and tried to connect and the plugin found the bridge in about 2 minutes.

Everything is working great now!

One more question though, is it possible to set a maximum time for alerts? I wanted to set up an event that flashed a hue light group if there was an alert in HomeSeer, but only flash them 2-3 times.

Leave a comment:

• w.vuyk
    replied
    When the plugin started the first time a popup should have come on Windows asking permission to access the network by the Windows firewall. It needs this permission to be able to scan the network.

Is the HSPI_Jowihue.exe allowed in the windows firewall? A simple test is to stop the plugin, disable the windows firewall and start the plugin again. If it runs normal, you need to to add it to the firewall rules and allow the access.

If this is not case, there might be another program using the same port already. Did not see that one before.

Let me know if the firewall suggestion solves your problem now?

Thanks,

Wim

Leave a comment:

• bphillips
    started a topic Can't find bridge, getting other errors.

Can't find bridge, getting other errors.

I just installed the plug-in as the 30-day trial (after uninstalling the other "PHILIPSHUE" plug-in since the trial ended and $60 was too expensive) but I can't seem to have any luck with the plug-in finding the bridge.

Here's what I'm seeing in the log:

Oct-29 5:04:58 PM JowiHue UDPListener: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted
    Oct-29 5:04:32 PM JowiHue UDPListener: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted
    Oct-29 5:04:32 PM JowiHue MainWatchThread: No bridge found, plugin will scan until found
    Oct-29 5:03:43 PM JowiHue UDPListener: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted

I'm wondering if this issue is related to the hue bridge or the plug-in possibly trying to use a port that is already in use?

The ports I'm using in my network are:

80, 81, 82, 83, 85, 88, 92, 237, 554, 3001, 3389, 8105, 9020, 10200, and 32400

81 and 10200 are for homeseer and the rest are for DVRs, network cameras, media servers, and games
Working...
X