Control Animation from Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Control Animation from Event

I'm having an issue getting an Animation (Christmas) to trigger from an event.
    I am basically turning on a few zwave lights in this event and then running a JowiHue Trigger Start / Stop Animation. The Animation works fine if I turn the lights on manually and then go to the 'Creativity' tab for your plugin and run the Animation; however if I have several turn device on statements followed by your Trigger Animation in the event, it never starts the Animation.

Thank you for your help and excellent plugin.

Anthony,

You do not need to set the lights on before starting the animation. Although I am guessing that the animation should still run, I never tested for it. There might be a confusion happening.. will test for it later.
    When you start a scene or an animation and involved lights are off, the plugin should send the on signal automatically. Basically, things should respond faster if you skip sending the on yourself.

If it is not working this way, post a hard copy of your event, so I could check it from here?

Here is a sample event that I am using..

Avond=Evening
    Bezet=Occupied
    Beweging=Movement
    Donker=Dark
    Huiskamer=Living room
    Dag=daytime

Thanks,

Wim
    Attached Files
    Last edited by w.vuyk; December 29, 2015, 02:02 AM.
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Some of my lights have switchable power, and my wife may power them on and off that way.
      Attached Files

Comment

Anthony,

This event stops the animation. It does not stop either?

Also, stopping an animation does not necessary swith off the involved lights unless the lights were off at the start en the option "Return to original settings after animation ends " was selected...

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

I have another event which does the exact opposite and turns the lights on at sunset and runs the animation. I didn't post it because it was the same as the 'off' event, only it turns everything 'on'.

Comment

No the animation doesn't stop.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMxyzptlk View Post
              I have another event which does the exact opposite and turns the lights on at sunset and runs the animation. I didn't post it because it was the same as the 'off' event, only it turns everything 'on'.
              Ok, All the lights that are switched off, are zwave devices I suppose. Is any of them also bringing power to the Hue bulbs that are involved in the animation? If it is, it might be better to add a wait before the animation is started?
              If a bulb is unreachable because of a switch, it will not be controlled directly by the bridge. It will take a second or 2 before the bridge knows the light is reachable again. The plugin will wait for the bridge to report the light is reachable. Based on the refreshrate setting (default 2 seconds) it could take another 2 seconds for the bridge to be updated plus another two seconds for the plugin to find the light te be reachable again

In the event you switch on the lights and start the animation right away. This will cause the animation to start, but commands cannot reach the bulbs...

If you add a wait step of say 8 seconds (save side) after switching back power to the bulbs and then start the animation, I guess it should be working for you?

The same goes for stopping the animation.... you should stop the animation before removing power I think?

Let me know?

Wim
              -- Wim

Comment

I will add the delay to the 'on' event, and do a little more testing.

Comment

Working...
                X