Hue Color Picker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hue Color Picker

Maybe it has been asked and I did not find it. I am trying to figure out how to put a "color picker" in HSTouch. What I want to do is have a touchscreen graphic that will allow a user to control a bulb: pick on / off, pick brightness, pick hue / color, pick saturation.

A slider works for Brightness, A button works for on / off, but I am struggling with the others.

Thanks

Jay

Jay,

It is on TOP of my HSTlouch wish list! Saturation should work ok also though.

HSTouch however will not allow slider values to go above 256, and for the Hue device it needs to be able to rise to 65535....
    I reported this in 2014 already to HST, but so far no solution yet

Once this would be solved we could create our own color picker if needed. But even better if HStouch would allow a color picker by itself?

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Thanks as always Wim for the quick response.

Jay

Comment

Hi,

Quick question, is there a way to track the progress of this feature?
        I'd be willing to donate to have this integrated properly, others might as well.

Edit: sorry just realized this is the wrong subforum for this question, will repost in feature requests.

Thanks,
        Peter

Comment

Peter,

We have to wait on HST for this function. The plugin is ready for it, but HSTouch is not yet accepting it

thanks for your support though!
          Wim
          -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Old thread I know.
            has this been resolved 3 years later ?
            I don't seem to find the color picker feature in HS touch and/or a workaround.
            Thanks

Comment

No updates still....
              -- Wim

Comment

Wow...

any workaround?

Just saw this post; any clue how he managed to create the color slider?

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...h-color-picker

Cant believe i wont be able to control my led strips via HSTouch after paying for the full version.

I am using Tasmota/MQTT/Hstouch
                Any help would be appreciated.

​​​​​​​

Comment

I am also wondering how to get a color picker element for HSTouch. This was a must have feature for the system I'm creating. I wont be purchasing the software for this one reason! Glad i figured this out before purchasing.

Somebody get on this!

Comment

The issue is in HSTouch, so maybe you need to try to get their attention on this? There is nothing I can do to change HSTouch from here, sorry.

Wim
                    -- Wim

Comment

Until a new (overdue) HStouch version is released, I've built a Hue/Saturation/CT/Presets screen; see below
                      I call it from my devices screen (on top with close button, back also works)
                      It's actually quite practical because of the additional features (CT/Presets) and I've come to enjoy it more than the typical X,Y selector.
                      If they eventually come up with a color selector, I'll ponder if it's worth changing...

Hope this helps, cheers!

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-01-18 13.10.09.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	1355038

Comment

So how did you get this to work if the sliders in HSTouch won't go above 256?
                        FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capt-Tim/209398425902188

HSTouch Layouts - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5902188&type=3

Comment

I had read about this limitation in other posts but didn't run into the issue;
                          Probably related to the HStouch version? I use 3.0.77
                          My Hue slider is 0-360 and the CT is 0-500
                          Works flawlessly.

Comment

I sure like the setup on this! Could you post a bit more details on how you control the device slider 0-360? As the device is really using values up to 65536, so I am guessing you are using a script here? Same for the presets I guess with a custom image?

Wim
                            -- Wim

Comment

I use tasmota controllers/lights via MCSMQTT.
                              Hue has a range of 0-360, saturation 0-100 and CT 138-500. I created associated sliders in HS and HStouch (device tracking + value min/max). As for presets, each button calls an event that selects the color via the device's color selector.

Comment

Working...
                              X