Replacing ver 1 and installing ver 2 hub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing ver 1 and installing ver 2 hub

Hi what would be the procedure as far as the plugin go's for swapping out one hub for the other.

Thanks
    Mark

Mark,

It is a bit of a tricky road, as the problem is that Philips made it to a non testable procedure. I do hope that issues have gone with this version of the plugin (1.0.7.5). With this current version I would advise the following steps:

1. Disable the plugin during the move.
    2. Power on the new bridge and follow the move steps with the Philips Hue app.
    3. At the end of the process make sure the old bridge is powerd down and detached from the network!
    4. Start the plugin again. The plugin should discover you have moved the bridge and correct the internal pointers.

This last step went wrong for several users. I am hoping (could not test this as moving is only a one time process according to Philips and do not want or need more then 3 bridges here) this step will now run as expected.
    If it goes wrong, check and follow the next steps:

1. Did the move create two bridge devices and do you get recurring errors in the log? Or is there still one bridge and you see errors in the log like "Serial number should be unique"?
    In both cases,
    a. disable the plugin.
    b. delete ALL bridge devices from the device list. You can keep all light devices as the plugin should connect the correct devices again.
    c. Start the plugin.
    d. You will need to reregister the bridge. After registering the bridge it should use the existing lights.

2. If you see other issue, report them back here so I can give you more advice?

If the process of moving went well, you have two bridges, with a corresponding image connected to it (square vs round) and no real errors in the log. You best should then delete the old bridge device.

Let me know how you go?

Thanks,

Wim
    Last edited by w.vuyk; March 16, 2016, 05:35 AM. Reason: added extra info
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
      Mark,

It is a bit of a tricky road, as the problem is that Philips made it to a non testable procedure. I do hope that issues have gone with this version of the plugin (1.0.7.5). With this current version I would advise the following steps:

1. Disable the plugin during the move.
      2. Power on the new bridge and follow the move steps with the Philips Hue app.
      3. At the end of the process make sure the old bridge is powerd down and detached from the network!
      4. Start the plugin again. The plugin should discover you have moved the bridge and correct the internal pointers.

This last step went wrong for several users. I am hoping (could not test this as moving is only a one time process according to Philips and do not want or need more then 3 bridges here) this step will now run as expected.
      If it goes wrong, check and follow the next steps:

1. Did the move create two bridge devices and do you get recurring errors in the log? Or is there still one bridge and you see errors in the log like "Serial number should be unique"?
      In both cases,
      a. disable the plugin.
      b. delete ALL bridge devices from the device list. You can keep all light devices as the plugin should connect the correct devices again.
      c. Start the plugin.
      d. You will need to reregister the bridge. After registering the bridge it should use the existing lights.

2. If you see other issue, report them back here so I can give you more advice?

If the process of moving went well, you have two bridges, with a corresponding image connected to it (square vs round) and no real errors in the log. You best should then delete the old bridge device.

Let me know how you go?

Thanks,

Wim
      JowiHue BridgeFound: Found a bridge on IP 192.168.15.154 but it does not respond as expected....quitting
      Mar-16 10:11:12 AM JowiHue Pressed button for immediate scan for bridges - scanning started

Still finding old bridge that has be deleted and disconnected from the network.

also error

JowiHue Informational: Unknown lighttype found:ZLL Light Please report the type to plugin owner?

Comment

Mark,

It is what Philips is also finding, the old bridge is ghosting on the network... and I have no clue how or why this is happening.

Did you have lines in the log about moving the bridge or were they not there at all? Maybe just filter the log on the plugin and post it?

Is the bridge on 192.168.15.154 the old or new bridge?

And how are your lights responding at the moment? If you switch the device on, is the light actually responding?

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Mark,

It is what Philips is also finding, the old bridge is ghosting on the network... and I have no clue how or why this is happening.

Did you have lines in the log about moving the bridge or were they not there at all? Maybe just filter the log on the plugin and post it?

Is the bridge on 192.168.15.154 the old or new bridge?

And how are your lights responding at the moment? If you switch the device on, is the light actually responding?

Wim
          JowiHue BridgeFound: Found a bridge on IP 192.168.15.154 but it does not respond as expected....quitting

This keeps reoccurring in the log

This is the old bridge...I deleted the device and its not connected in any way to the network

Lights are working fine with new hub

Yes

Not sure what philips is reporting or how to tell

Comment

Mark,

My last statement was about Philips seeing the same issue in their environments.
            Maybe check if a ping to the ip address is still responding also? If it is, check if maybe another device in your network took over this IP address? In that case stop the plugin, delete the old bridge from the HS3 configiuration and restart the plugin. this should resolve the plugin complaining on the ip dress?

Regards,

Wim
            -- Wim

Comment

Mark,

My last statement was about Philips seeing the same issue in their environments.
              Maybe check if a ping to the ip address is still responding also? If it is, check if maybe another device in your network took over this IP address? In that case stop the plugin, delete the old bridge from the HS3 configiuration and restart the plugin. this should resolve the plugin complaining on the ip dress?

Regards,

Wim
              When I restart HS i get these errors

owiHue Plugin succesfully started
              Mar-16 11:39:44 AM JowiHue ============================================================ ==================================
              Mar-16 11:39:44 AM JowiHue Device of reporting bridge and light firmware updates is enabled
              Mar-16 11:39:44 AM JowiHue 0 Animations available for use in this plugin
              Mar-16 11:39:44 AM JowiHue 16 Local scenes available for use in the JowiHue plugin
              Mar-16 11:39:44 AM JowiHue -------------------------------------Plugin info ---------------------------------------------
              Mar-16 11:39:44 AM JowiHue 1 Daylight sensor found on bridge 'Philips hue'
              Mar-16 11:39:44 AM JowiHue 1 Groups available on bridge 'Philips hue'
              Mar-16 11:39:44 AM JowiHue 5 lights connected to bridge 'Philips hue'
              Mar-16 11:39:44 AM JowiHue -------------------------------------Bridge info ---------------------------------------------
              Mar-16 11:39:44 AM JowiHue ============================================================ ==================================
              Mar-16 11:39:44 AM JowiHue Informational: Unknown lighttype found:ZLL Light Please report the type to plugin owner?
              Mar-16 11:39:44 AM JowiHue Error (UpdateLight):UpdateLight error: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
              Mar-16 11:39:44 AM JowiHue Error (UpdateLight):UpdateLight error: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

I deleted old hub and still get

Also when restarted the plugin I get two exact device hubs and two update avab devices.

Comment

*pulling hairs* I don't understand why this 92.168.15.154 addres is still reporting? It cannot be found by ping right?

I would suggest the last effort: stop the plugin and delete both bridges. Then restart the plugin. You will then have to register the new bridge to create a new device. It should connect to the existing lights

Thanks,

Wim
                -- Wim

Comment

Working...
                X