IP Limitation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IP Limitation

JowiHue cannot find the bridge in my current implementation. The bridge and Homeseer are in different networks. The network with the bridge has been added in Homeseer under Tools:Setup:Network:Additional Local Subnets. JowiHue has been searching for an hour now. I added the .ini file in HomeSeer/Config per your web page. I've pushed the button on the bridge a few times.

I did some packet sniffing. It appears both the bridge and the plugin are using broadcast packets to try to find each other. I setup rules on the router between those networks to allow that traffic to pass ... but they are broadcast packets. Even when destination NATed the router won't pass them to another network.

"Warning: MainWatchThread: No bridge found, plugin will scan until found"

It's not going to find it.

I am afraid you are right on this. UPNP calls are normally limited to the local network only.
    I think if you also use this testsite from Philips, from the hs machine, it will not work, where you will find the bridge from the bridges network, using the same link.

It is a limitation that is still on the bridge. I know Philips is working on remote access with a limited number of developers. But that has been running for more then 9 months so far and have not heared back on that part yet..

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

We'll call it a challenge

For now. I'll get back to you if I find a work around.

And thanks for always responding so promptly.
      Last edited by mikaluch; April 8, 2016, 08:10 AM. Reason: manners

Comment

Or I will get back to you if

I get over that hurdle and find another. I didn't find a clever way to get around the broadcast packet limitation. It appears to be possible to both source and destination NAT the same packet - I thought there must be a way there but did not succeed. So I spent most of the past two days reconfiguring the router into a bridge. I had written firewall rules, installed keys, had it all ready ahead of time. I needed to work on my ARP rules anyway. So now I'm getting:

"Error: (GetJsonCommand):An exception was thrown by the type initializer for Newtonsoft.Json.Utilities.ConvertUtils

Apr-10 1:23:05 AM JowiHue Error: (BridgeFound):BridgeFound: Found a bridge on IP x.113 but it does not respond as expected....quitting

I probably just need to remove and reinstall the plugin after all the goofing around the past couple days but I figured I would check in here first. The bridge was factory reset the other day. Echo, Wink, and my phone all reattached to it in seconds. That is the correct IP address it has found.

Comment

The plugin does a recheck on description.xml on port 80. Am not home right now for the exact address. If this does not respond as expected, it will throw the error you are seeing now...
          -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

But am wondering why the newtonsoft part is comming, that might point to different issues?
            -- Wim

Comment

There is no server listening on port 80. HomeSeer is on a high port and bound to the localhost address. That sounds like it may be the problem. This all worked fine on the test installation I setup over the past few weeks.

Comment

HS3 on a high port should be no issue I think..

The bridge is listening on port 80 for commands, and should present you the description.xml in a browser.

But the weird part is that the error is that the bridge seems to return a error respons to the request from the plugin for the configuration. It seems this also seems to create issue on the newtonsoft part. Could you check if there is no newtonsoft,json.dll file in the hs3 installation directory and also not in hs3/bin diretory? Presence of the file in any subdirectory under bin should be fine, one should be present in bin/JowiHue. If there is one in the installation or bin directory, please remove it?

Could you try and go to the debug panel of the bridge, browsing from the HS3 machine?

Go to http://ip bridge/debug/clip and in the page that shows add /config to the line. Send me the result by PM? Maybe it tells something that points to an issue?

Wim
                -- Wim

Comment

HomeSeer, JowiHue, Hue Bridge, and I are all in a timeout. We do not play well with others.

Comment

you lost me now? You mean to say you cannot reach the bridge or?

Wim
                    -- Wim

Comment

Heh. No it was a joke. I was getting very frustrated so I decided it was best to do something else for a while. The thing about software is you can't smash it into little pieces.

Comment

Mike,

I found this thread on the board wit the same error issue. It seems there is some dependency lacking on the mono install? Found the same outside the board.

You could try with "apt-get install mono-complete" to make sure everything is up to date? That is also what I use on my linux test environment.

Wim
                        -- Wim

Comment

Yes it was a dependency problem. I found it the old fashioned way before I saw your last post here. By guessing. See the email I sent you for the gory details. I'm trying to avoid installing mono-complete. It is another 150+ files. And the winning file is:

libmono-system-numerics4.0-cil

I will apologize to my new computer and software tomorrow and tell them I wouldn't really smash them against the wall.

Once again I appreciate your help.

Comment

Somehow I remember talking to my hardware too from time to time

Glad you got it solved!

Wim
                            -- Wim

Comment

Working...
                            X