Installation Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installation Issue

I've already purchased the plugin, I'm new and didn't know I should try before buying.

I followed this: [http://www.vuyk.info/hs/jowihue/installation]
    The installation says:Install/Update of package JowiHue was successful.
    See the screenshot attached

I tried installing it many times but it never shows on the list of installed plugins.

Running HS3 latest: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.280 (Linux)
    Attached Files

Charles,

First, welcome aboard on this forum!

I have no clue why you do not see the plugin appearing. I know Linux is a bit picky on the rights and does not show things when rights are different then the context HS3 is running in. You could try comparing the differences between the HSPI_JowiHue.exe and HSPI_Sonos.exe files as Sonos is showing correctly?
    I have not heared from other Linux users of this issue yet, but maybe some other users have suggestions in this issue.

If rights are the same you could try contact support of HomeSeer as it is HS3 building the plugins page. Maybe they also know what to do?

Thanks,
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

I was able to resolve the problem.
      The installation manual states to install mono and a few extra mono libraries.
      After issuing a apt-get install mono-complete I re-installed the plugin and it's all good.

Thank you and sorry for raising this without digging deeper. As I'm new I felt a bit tight on how to troubleshoot until I found the logs :P

Comment

Charles,

No problem. I guess I would have done the same.... I sure had issues on my Linux test with mono also with starting. I am glad you found the issue!

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Working...
        X