Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug with Recover light settings after being unreachable

Hi There,

I have a few Hue's setup around the house and have tried to use 'Recover light settings after being unreachable' under the settings for each bulb.

I have noticed that it is a bit slow to recover the settings, which if its only recovering settings would be fine but I have an event setup so that it dims the lights when turned on if the house is in sleep mode.

This event triggers almost instantly when the light is turned on and dims the light, after about 2 or 3 seconds the light then flickers and does the Recovery effectively cancelling out the event, it also only happens at random to some bulbs but not others.

My Event is basically
    If bulb has been unreachable for x amount of time
    and house is in sleep mode
    then JowiHue Actions Set Lights group to preset with brightness of x

To get around this I have tried disabling the recover light settings and created an event to handle when the house isn't in away mode that uses JowiHue Actions -> Set Scene -> Last On State but this seems to be for something else as nothing happens.

Is there a way to create an event which handles restoring the lights previous settings after being unreachable instead of having it in the bulbs settings such as below, this way we can control whether it restores the old settings or not and it will be faster to respond.

and the bulb is now on
    then JowiHue Set Lights group to previous settings

Or something along those lines, even if I have to tell each bulb to recover settings thats fine, just after a way to do it. I understand that this is a bit of a workaround to make up for the fact the hue doesnt do this natively which it why it would be so nice to have

Thanks in advance, hope there is something that can be done.

Anonz,

I have put my answer to you in the feature requests thread, but want to look at the event you seem to use?

then JowiHue Actions Set Lights group to preset with brightness of x

This event will only trigger by chance? If the bulb has been unreachable for say 10 minutes, the event will fire, but what if the bulb is still unreachable?
    Then it will never trigger anymore?

I would try something like:
    If bulb changes and becomes on
    Then JowiHue Actions Set Lights group to preset with brightness of x

And if you want to be sure the recovery of lights is not interfering, you could also add an delay to the JowiHue Actions of say 1 or 2 seconds.

Hope this helps a bit?

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Hi w.vuyk,

Thanks for the reply, no idea why I wasn't emailed when you responded.
      At the time I posted I was still working out the best way to handle events.

I had it triggering every 2 seconds all night long when the house was in sleep provided the light had been unreachable for x time as then it would dim very quickly.

This has since changed to when the z-wave relay in the light switch turns on set the hue to dim (occurs long before the bulb becomes reachable)

The same problem occurs with this if 'Recover light settings' is enabled
      My event will fire first and then overridden by the recover.
      Yes I could add a delay but this will mean the lights are brighter for longer in the middle of the night.

So far I have just chosen to not use the recovery option and set specific colors based on the time of day when the switch turns on.

I posted this in the feature request, but sending a command to the bulb when it is unreachable looks to still be broadcast by the hub, as currently I can set the lights color as soon as the switch is turned whilst the hub says unreachable and the color will be set.

Comment

an0nz,

You are right about that, the plugin will still send the command to the bridge and the bridge still sends to the lights, despite the reachable state. So if you enable the zwave on detection and send the command, it will have a high chance of reaching the bulb, despite the status has not been changed yet. Philips made this delay deliberate as I understood in the past.

Sounds to me like a good solution right? And indeed, do not enable the recovery option for the bulb anymore then, as it will always be late then

Thanks,

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Originally posted by an0nz View Post
          Hi There,

I have a few Hue's setup around the house and have tried to use 'Recover light settings after being unreachable' under the settings for each bulb.
          Hi An0nz,

Where do you find this setting, in the hue app, I cannot see it anywhere :-)

Br. Martin

Comment

Martin,

The answer is in your other post

Wim
            -- Wim

Comment

Working...
            X