Crash after upgrade to JowiHue 1.1.2.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crash after upgrade to JowiHue 1.1.2.1

I am on a raspberry pi2 running raspbian. JowiHue has been working flawlessy for a long time. Today I upgraded to JowiHue 1.1.2.1. (I am not quite sure from which version, but I have been away so I am guessing a month at least since I last upgraded.)

JowiHue will not start. I get the following:

Code:
    [COLOR=#FF0000]Initializing  plug-in(2): JowiHue Instance::Failed to enable constraints. One or more  rows contain values violating non-null, unique, or foreign-key  constraints.STACK:  at  System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke  (System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy rp, IMessage msg,  System.Exception& exc, System.Object[]& out_args) [0x00000] in :0  [/COLOR]    <table class="log_table_row" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr> <td class="LogDateShort LogDateTime0" colspan="1" style=" white-space: nowrap;" align="left"> [COLOR=#000000] Aug-10 15:31:29 [/COLOR] </td><td class="LogPri0" colspan="1" align="left">  </td><td class="LogType0" colspan="3" align="left"> [COLOR=#000000] JowiHue [/COLOR] </td><td class="LogEntry0" colspan="8" align="left"> [COLOR=#000000] Starting plugin JowiHue 1.1.2.1 [/COLOR]</td></tr></tbody></table>
    Is there a fix or a way to downgrade?

diderikfrom,

I am trying to get the cause of your issue as also a few others are seeing this one. I have been trying to get the error here, with a new database as well as my production database, but it is not possible for me to copy the issue..
    Are you running on window or Linux?

Would you be willing to send me your current database so I can try to anaylyse what is happening? I asked others as well, but so far no luck for me? You can find the JowiHue database in the [HS3 install directory]\Data\JowiHue.db

As for reverting to your last version: You can only do this if you did not yet convert any devices.
    if you go to the directory of the HS3 installation, you will see a subfolder named Updates3. In this folder you will find all versions of plugins you have been using. You will also find two or more JowiHue directories. you can pick the version you have been using before 1.1.2.1. Copy the HSPI_JowiHue.exe from the last version to the installation directory of HS3.
    Then go the [HS3 install directory]\Data\backup directoy and copy de database (.db) file with the file date where you were still using the last version.

But before doing, please send the current database to me?

Thanks,

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Wim,

thanks!

I reinstated my previous version, and everything is working again!

I have sent you my JowiHue.db, untouched before downgrading. Hope this helps.

Diderik

Edit: You asked for my platform: linux

Comment

Thanks for letting me know. It seems the issues that show up in the latest version of the plugin are all showing in Linux.

I will dive into linux for this weekend... bad weather anyway in Holland

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Originally posted by diderikfrom View Post
          Wim,

thanks!

I reinstated my previous version, and everything is working again!

I have sent you my JowiHue.db, untouched before downgrading. Hope this helps.

Diderik

Edit: You asked for my platform: linux
          Diderik,

What is the version you are running now? I am guessing that you had a pretty old version?

Thanks,

Wim
          -- Wim

Comment

Hi Wim,

I'm experiencing errors as well (using RPi2 on Ubuntu).
            I converted devices already, so I suppose I can't downgrade.
            Can you give an estimate when I could expect a new version ready for download?

Thanks, Arjan

Comment

Arjan,

What errors are you experiencing?
              I cannot promise a date for solving this, as I am just not able to copy the issue, not having a rpi2 or Zee. On a standard debian and/or Ubuntu installation there are no issues.

I am looking at two errors to solve, one is a constraint error that seem to happen on rpi, blocking initialisation and another that prevents the plugin from starting: (InitPlugin):Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

The challenge is that I have asked several users, but so far I have found no one with one of the above errors who is "at home" in Zee or rpi to help me analyse this issue.

Can you help me? And do you have one of the above issues? I have a test version avaiable, that will not solve the issue, but will report more on what is happening?

Thanks,

Wim
              -- Wim

Comment

I'd be happy to help.
                Before yesterday I encountered repeating errors.

One of them was:
                Initializing plug-in(2): JowiHue Instance::Failed to enable constraints. One or more rows contain values violating non-null, unique, or foreign-key constraints.STACK: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke (System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy rp, IMessage msg, System.Exception& exc, System.Object[]& out_args) [0x00000] in :0

I haven't saved the other errors form the log.

Yesterday I tried to solve it by re-installing the plugin. That seemed to work, but today I found out that it doesn't.

In the log, I now see:
                Error Calling SetIOMulti in plugin JowiHue:Object reference not set to an instance of an object > approximately every 30 seconds

This started after the plugin disconnected:
                Info Plugin JowiHue with instance: has disconnected

Comment

Same foreign key constraint issue after converting devices
                  • Running Homeseer version 3.0.0.258 Edition: HS3 Pro on RPi3
                  • Install dir: /home/pi/Downloads/HomeSeer

The strange thing about this issue is that right after upgrading to 1.1.2.1, I was able to convert all 8 of my hue bulbs/LED strips over to the combo on/off/bri with no problem. They still functioned. I rebooted my pi a few times that day and I didn't notice any errors in my log.

Today, I'm getting the error, but it ends differently than the others:
                  Code:
                  12:14:05:2219:[JowiHue]->Starting plugin JowiHue 1.1.2.1
                  12:14:05:7762:[Error]->Initializing plug-in(2): JowiHue Instance::Failed to enable constraints. One or more rows contain values violating non-null, unique, or foreign-key constraints.STACK:  at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke (System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy rp, IMessage msg, System.Exception& exc, System.Object[]& out_args) [0x00000] in < filename unknown >:0 
                  12:14:05:8255:[Plug-In]->Finished initializing plug-in JowiHue
                  Note that the < filename unknown > part didn't show up when I pasted in the CODE box. I had to add spaces. Wonder if others pasted that and the forum blocked it as well?

After the error occurs, if I disable and re-enable JowiHue, I get the following error:
                  Code:
                  12:32:35:8332:[Plug-In]->Interface JowiHue is running as a trial, 16 days remaining.
                  12:32:35:8440:[Error]->Starting plug-in exe process: ApplicationName='mono', CommandLine='/home/pi/Downloads/HomeSeer/HSPI_JowiHue.exe', CurrentDirectory='', Native error= Out of memory
                  edit: I see it's a sqlite3 db.
                  edit: I had a quick look through the db and the only table that has missing data in rows is the Presets table. Each row only contains data for x, y & colormode fields. I see that name is set as the primary key, yet every name field is blank. Doesn't the primary field have to have unique values? If all the names in my rows are blank, then they aren't unique.
                  edit: After looking around the sqlite3 command line api and constraints rules, I found this: "Due to a 'longstanding coding oversight', primary keys can be NULL in SQLite."
                  edit: I don't have any databases in my /Data/Backups dir. There is a txt note that says, "Configuration database backups are now kept in the same data folder that the original database file was located in." I found 11 JowiHue databases in /Data/JowiHue/Backup all with the same size and exact same date/time as the JowiHue.db file in /Data/JowiHue. Very strange

-=Randy
                  Last edited by RandyInLA; August 17, 2016, 03:41 AM.

Comment

Randy,

The presets being mostly nulls values is strange. I had this solved earlier, it occured only on a Zee, and was caused by a difference in casing for column names (that is why I really dislike Linux). On a standard Ubuntu or Debian installation it does not matter for column or table names, but on a Zee - and now appearantly also Rpi2 - it does matter.....

With which version did you start for the plugin? was that 1.1.0.3?

If possible, send me your JowiHue database? Will send you the mail address by PM.

Thanks,

Wim
                    -- Wim

Comment

Originally posted by RandyInLA View Post
                      [LIST]

edit: I don't have any databases in my /Data/Backups dir. There is a txt note that says, "Configuration database backups are now kept in the same data folder that the original database file was located in." I found 11 JowiHue databases in /Data/JowiHue/Backup all with the same size and exact same date/time as the JowiHue.db file in /Data/JowiHue. Very strange

-=Randy

Randy,

This text note is regarding the HS3 databases, not the JowiHue databases. For jowiHue a backup database is made at every start, it does not matter if it changed or not, it will create the copy.

Wim
                      -- Wim

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                        I had this solved earlier, it occured only on a Zee, and was caused by a difference in casing for column names (that is why I really dislike Linux). On a standard Ubuntu or Debian installation it does not matter for column or table names, but on a Zee - and now appearantly also Rpi2 - it does matter.....
                        I hear you! I've been on case-sensitive file systems for so long, I'm used to it. But to be on the safe side, if something is going to be cross-platform, I tend to always use all lowercase table/field names and try to use some form of UTF 8 ci coalition. This Homeseer is on an Rpi3:
                        Code:
                        $ uname -a
                        Linux homeseer 4.4.13-v7+ #894 SMP Mon Jun 13 13:13:27 BST 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux
                        $ cat /etc/issue
                        Raspbian GNU/Linux 8 \n \l
                        With which version did you start for the plugin? was that 1.1.0.3?
                        yes. 1.1.0.3
                        For jowiHue a backup database is made at every start, it does not matter if it changed or not, it will create the copy.
                        Then it is really bizarre to see 11 backups, all with the same date/time and size. When I look through them, they are copies of the updated db with missing data. None of them contain older data. Doesn't seem like they were created on every start. Perhaps there is a bug that overwrites previous backups on start?
                        Code:
                        pi@homeseer:~/Downloads/HomeSeer/Data/JowiHue/Backup $ lsal
                        total 1284
                        drwxr-xr-x 2 root root   4096 Aug  6 23:11 .
                        drwxr-xr-x 3 root root   4096 Aug 14 14:56 ..
                        -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 117760 Aug 14 14:56 JowiHue_10.db
                        -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 117760 Aug 14 14:56 JowiHue_11.db
                        -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 117760 Aug 14 14:56 JowiHue_1.db
                        -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 117760 Aug 14 14:56 JowiHue_2.db
                        -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 117760 Aug 14 14:56 JowiHue_3.db
                        -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 117760 Aug 14 14:56 JowiHue_4.db
                        -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 117760 Aug 14 14:56 JowiHue_5.db
                        -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 117760 Aug 14 14:56 JowiHue_6.db
                        -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 117760 Aug 14 14:56 JowiHue_7.db
                        -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 117760 Aug 14 14:56 JowiHue_8.db
                        -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 117760 Aug 14 14:56 JowiHue_9.db
                        If possible, send me your JowiHue database? Will send you the mail address by PM.
                        Sending now.

Thank you,
                        -=Randy
                        Last edited by RandyInLA; August 17, 2016, 03:15 PM.

Comment

All,

A new version has been posted that should solve the issues mentioned here. Thanks for all the help I got

Wim
                          -- Wim

Comment

Working...
                          X