Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IP change warning after HS restart

Hi,

JowiHue stopped working after a Homeseer restart.
    I'm getting the follwing error:

Warning: + Bridge 'Philips hue' is disconnected - IP 169.254.6.19
    Warning: Bridge Philips hue changed IP from 169.254.6.19 to 192.168.1.140

Really strange because it was never 169.254.6.19 and I only use the 192.168.1.xxx IP range in my network.

And why does the plugin not change to 192.168.1.140? I mean it sees the Bridge is at .140 so why not use it?

I'm using JowiHue plugin 1.1.2.3 on Windows.

ddg,

It sure should have changed the IP address after discovering it. I wonder wh this happend. Could you send me the log file (filtered on JowiHue) by PM?

After that the easiest way to solve it for now would be disabling the plugin on manage plugins page and then delete the bridge device (leave all other devices!). When you restart the plugin, it should create a new bridge device and function again.

Thanks,

Wim
    Last edited by w.vuyk; August 29, 2016, 03:03 PM.
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Hi Wim,

Deleting the bridge solved it.

The log only shows the entries from after the restart, which are the same as I posted before.
      Only the warning about the IP change, nothing more.

Still wondering where the 169.254.6.19 came from.
      The bridge has a fixed IP as all my network devices do.

Anyway the lights are working again.
      Thanks for your prompt response.

D.

Comment

Comment

zzapper77,

Glad it resolved for you. And also, learned the hard way here, made sure the plugin could recover as muxh as possible, without removing the devices, because it is never fun to find the events that hold the devices you lost.

Out of curiousity, you say you had to correct duplicates. Was that with this plugin?

Thanks,

Wim
          -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Working...
          X