Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hue Wireless Dimmer Switch does this work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi there,

The update was available yesterday so I updated the plugin but now there's no longer dimmers under the plugin drop down, tried restarting it and HS3 but there's no mention of the dimmer switches at all now.

Comment

Originally posted by ryuvann View Post
      Hi there,

The update was available yesterday so I updated the plugin but now there's no longer dimmers under the plugin drop down, tried restarting it and HS3 but there's no mention of the dimmer switches at all now.
      Ryuvann,

I have here one dimmer and it is showing normally for the plugin, also in the plugin menu? Are you checking directly after starting the plugin, or did you give it some time? As the menu is only updated after a minute or so, before showing the dimmer menu?
      I did not change anything in the menu really, will change some in a next release

Thanks,

Wim
      -- Wim

Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
      650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Looks like it's back now! So weird as I updated the plugin yesterday morning and last night before going to bed it still wasn't there but just woke up and it's back!

Comment

Hmm, it should not take long at all, certainly not more then 5 minutes.
          I will check here also to make sure the plugin does not skip a few heartbeats....

Did you also check the button press on the device? It should trigger on a device set now too.

Wim
          -- Wim

Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos

Comment

Oh right I can't test it yet unfortunately as I'm in Mexico until next week on vacation but will be able to as soon as I get back!

Comment

owww... that is a pity I am jealous here!
              -- Wim

Comment

Sorry! Would it help if I told you that your plugin is by far the best one for HS3? Because it's 100% true!

Comment

@w.vuyk

First of all, love the plugin!

I don't see the menu options in the GUI anymore to configure switch behavior. However, I do notice that these switches do change status to different numbers depending on what buttons are pressed. The status values don't seem to make much sense. I have noticed some correlation, but there are also times when the status value surprises me and is something I was not expecting.

Does the plugin still have the ability to configure the hue dimmers and hue taps? Is there somewhere where these status values are documented so I can start programming events based on the values?

Thanks for the great plugin!

Comment

Working...
                  X