Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hue Wireless Dimmer Switch does this work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ryuvann
    replied
    That makes sense, it's just an inexpensive way to get a remote I think! On Amazon.ca they have someone selling them (obv from China based on the name) for $1.50 with $5 shipping lol. Not sure if they are fake or what, or how they could be fake, but at that price I might as well buy a ton lol. Bought a normal legit one to test it today to see.

If it polls though does that mean it wouldn't support pressing the same button? For example, say I press Off on it, it polls and registers that Off was pressed. What happens if a few minutes later though I press Off again, would it just never register anything since it was already in the Off status? Just wondering as I'd love to use these for other events not just Hue. So for example have it control an Insteon light. Just not sure how that works if I was to press Off and turn off the light via HS3, but then manually turn the light on from the switch. Would pressing Off again on the remote still turn off the light, or would I have to press On, wait 2 seconds and then press off?

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• w.vuyk
    replied
    It does work. If the plugin finds a dimmer device on the bridge it will show the dimmer in the pages to select. From there you can click on it to create a device relating to it. Make sure to enable "Use simple dimmer status" in the configuration page as the different possible hold statusses (long/short etc) do not work well for the plugin. When set to Simple it will simply set on/off/dim down/dim up.

You have to be aware that the status of the button is received by polling, so the polling frequency setting in the configuration page is influencing the response. I have it here set at 2 seconds. This means that when you press a button, it randomly takes between 0 and 2 seconds before the response is set in HomeSeer. Which is reasonable, but ofcourse not superfast. Using "non critical" lights is good for this

Wim

Leave a comment:

• ryuvann
    started a topic Hue Wireless Dimmer Switch does this work?

Hue Wireless Dimmer Switch does this work?

Just curious, does this dimmer work with the plugin in terms of using it for other functions? Like would it appear as a device and register if I press On, Off, and so on meaning I can use these with the Hue plugin but for other functions, like if I press one of them On it turns on an Insteon light via a HS3 event? Figure probably not but be cool if it did.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01...Y3CX4RE39A1QM2
Working...
X