Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hue Wireless Dimmer Switch does this work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi there,

The update was available yesterday so I updated the plugin but now there's no longer dimmers under the plugin drop down, tried restarting it and HS3 but there's no mention of the dimmer switches at all now.

Comment

Originally posted by ryuvann View Post
      Hi there,

The update was available yesterday so I updated the plugin but now there's no longer dimmers under the plugin drop down, tried restarting it and HS3 but there's no mention of the dimmer switches at all now.
      Ryuvann,

I have here one dimmer and it is showing normally for the plugin, also in the plugin menu? Are you checking directly after starting the plugin, or did you give it some time? As the menu is only updated after a minute or so, before showing the dimmer menu?
      I did not change anything in the menu really, will change some in a next release

Thanks,

Wim
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Looks like it's back now! So weird as I updated the plugin yesterday morning and last night before going to bed it still wasn't there but just woke up and it's back!

Comment

Hmm, it should not take long at all, certainly not more then 5 minutes.
          I will check here also to make sure the plugin does not skip a few heartbeats....

Did you also check the button press on the device? It should trigger on a device set now too.

Wim
          -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Oh right I can't test it yet unfortunately as I'm in Mexico until next week on vacation but will be able to as soon as I get back!

Comment

owww... that is a pity I am jealous here!
              -- Wim

Comment

Sorry! Would it help if I told you that your plugin is by far the best one for HS3? Because it's 100% true!

Comment

@w.vuyk

First of all, love the plugin!

I don't see the menu options in the GUI anymore to configure switch behavior. However, I do notice that these switches do change status to different numbers depending on what buttons are pressed. The status values don't seem to make much sense. I have noticed some correlation, but there are also times when the status value surprises me and is something I was not expecting.

Does the plugin still have the ability to configure the hue dimmers and hue taps? Is there somewhere where these status values are documented so I can start programming events based on the values?

Thanks for the great plugin!

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                    Ryuvann,

In the menu of the plugin, you choose the dimmer switches entry. From there you can enable the devices.

Thanks,

Wim
                    We have installed a Phillips Hue Wireless Dimmer Switch. It shows up on the device management page in HS3 only with root and battery device, no controls. It sometimes (and only sometimes) responds through an event, but very unreliably.
                    The Jowihue Plugin only shows 4 entries, none of which is "Dimmer switches". The switch shows up as a sensor under Bridge maintenance.
                    We have tried all sorts of updating, but to no avail.

When switcing on "Enable debugging" under Trace Options, the HS3 log shows :
                    JowiHue Debug: (UpdateSensor) :daylight enabled device updating, but value not presentaylight
                    We are not aware of having a daylight enabled Device, could it be the the switch? A new debug line adds every 2 second.

Can anybody give a helping hand?

Comment

The menu entry for the dimmerswitch has been gone for a long time. This is a rather old thread
                      You can now create the events based on the value of the dimmerswitch devices. Which, for some reason is not created/visibale for you? Can you confirm the manage devices page is not filtering out the dimmer device (button on top right of the page -show all)?

Every Philips Hue bridge has a sensor for daylight. It is not exposed to Homeseer as HS is already aware of sunset/sunrise information.
                      -- Wim

Comment

The values are visible on the Status Graphics page for the root device and when writing an event. There are, however, no controls showing on the manage devices page (such as “On” or “Off”). A screenshot of the latter is enclosed, showing only 2 devices: Root and Battery for the switch. Here the manage devices page is not filtering out anything (shows all).
                        Here are the specs as found under JowiHue tab for the root device:
                        ZLLSwitch
                        **************************** Object info *****************************
                        {
                        "state": {
                        "lastupdated": "none"
                        },
                        "config": {
                        "on": true,
                        "battery": 100,
                        "pending": [],
                        "reachable": true
                        },
                        "name": "Hue dimmer switch 1",
                        "type": "ZLLSwitch",
                        "modelid": "RWL021",
                        "manufacturername": "Philips",
                        "swversion": "5.45.1.17846",
                        "uniqueid": "00:17:88:01:06:ea:87:85-02-fc00"
                        }
                        ************************* End Object info ***************************

Our problem is that the switch doesn’t work most of the time. Then suddenly after a delay, it comes. We want to use it triggering some events, so we don’t necessarily need controls on the manage devices page. But as the HS3 log told that the device is not properly configured, we suspect something is missing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-12-10 HomeSeer Web Control.png
Views:	242
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	1345783

Comment

The device you are looking at is not correct, it needs a third device. What was the plugin version you were using when this dimmer devices was created?
                          I have just checked here with my Hue dimmer switch and it was created fine.

Could you try the following:

1. stop the plugin - make sure you are using the latest version (2.1.0.8)
                          2. delete all dimmer switch devices
                          3. start the plugin and let it create the devices.

Let me know if the devices are created correct now?

Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-12-10 20_20_28-Huis van Wim en Joy.png
Views:	158
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	1345790

Wim
                          -- Wim

Comment

Stig
                            Something extra I noticed reviewing the bridge info you posted is that
                            {
                            "state": {
                            "lastupdated": "none"
                            },

The dimmer switch never send an update yet. Are you using a Philps Hue bridge or a deCONZ gateway?
                            It could be wise to rescan the device on the gateway, by resetting the device and performing a scan on the bridge, this way completing the information the bridge is getting from the switch.

Wim
                            -- Wim

Comment

We use Philps Hue bridge as the only communication channel to the outer world. We like your plugin very much indeed! It works great on everything we try, except on the switch.

We are using plugin version 2.1.0.6. How can we update the plugin without loosing presets, scenes and animations?

To delete all dimmer switch devices, do we use the Delete found under Configure tab for each device from the manage devices page, or one of the removal options in the plugin Bridge maintenance page?

Stig

Comment

Use the manage devices pages from HS3 as the plugin should be nactive, which does remove access to the plugin pages.
                                You can update through the manage plugins pages, no lost data when yuou perform the upgrade through that page. 2.1.06 does have some issues, making it important to upgrade, before restarting the plugin after removing the devices.

Wim
                                -- Wim

Comment

Working...
                                X