X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unreachable bulbs

Hi,

And thanks Wim for a great plugin :-)

I have some bulbs attached to a normal ceiling socket, and wit ha manual on/off switch by the door. problem is, that when turned off (no power to the bulb at all). Jowihue still sees the last status for the bulb, but the hue app states the bulb unreachable, though it is on in the app.

Is it possible to make the bridge recognize that the bulb is powerless = unreachable, for then, when the light switch is turned on again, make Jowihue see this, and then set colors etc.??

Jowihue updates the bulb status fine if turned on/off in the app, but not when power is removed and bulb get "unreachable".

Does is make sense? :-)

Br. Martin

Martin,

you can do this already. It is a per bulb setting. If you go to the on/off device for the bulb and select the properties of the device, you can then select the JowiHue tab. In this tab you can set the option for recovery. this will make sure the status is saved when a bulb becomes unreachable.
    Once the bulb returns from unreachable, the plugin will restore its setting. This can take a few seconds, so the bulb will still turn on in its ugly white.

Wim
    Attached Files
    Last edited by w.vuyk; November 24, 2016, 03:42 AM.
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

SORRY - Have a billion devices, and did not see that "LCT010" had to be added, that's why I did not see the bulbs and only bulb groups..

THANKS A LOT :-)

Comment

Just a little odd thing.

The recover settings is enabled, I set the light for solid red and wait 10 sec.

I remove the power from the bulb and waits until it is in status "unrecoverable", I turn on the lamp, it starts with default white, after 2 secs. it changes to another "white light", with a little sense of blue in it. Should it not revert to solid red?

Comment

Martin,

10 seconds is very short. The Philips bridge does not set all color parameters to the correct values immediatly. It can take a while before the plugin gets the coorect values. I guess normally you would have the lights on for a longer time. So test this with lights on for more then a minute or so?

Wim
          -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Working...
          X