Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A workaround to get plugin working again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A workaround to get plugin working again!

Greetings all,

I hope you haven't given up yet! Have you purchased this plugin, but it is refusing to start, with messages like the following?
    Plugin status message: WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from LGSmartThinq - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed.
    Homeseer Log messages: LGSmartThinq ERROR Error ending LGSmartThinq Plug-In
    Error Initializing plug-in(1): LGSmartThinq Instance::The plug-in has expired and will no longer run. Please download the official one from the HS3 Updater. Time to load: 10 milliseconds
    If you're on version 3.0.0.13 you're already on the latest version and there is nothing to update to. However, you should be able to fix this by editing the following binary plugin file with a hex editor.
    C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_LGSmartThinq.exe

I used a hex editor called "Hex Editor Neo" but there are several of them out there.
    Steps:
    1. Shut down Homeseer
    2. Load the above file in the hex editor
    3. Go to hex offset 0x00017d6e or you can also search for the unicode (not just ASCII) string "01/01/2020"
    4. Change the byte at position 0x00017d6e from "2" to something higher, like "3". (basically you're increasing the date to something in the future)
    5. Save the file and exit the hex editor
    6. Start Homeseer again
    7. Start the LGSmartThinQ plugin

The above date is only checked at plugin initialization time, and is not used elsewhere in the plugin, so it should be safe to change it without affecting anything else.

Enjoy, stay cool with LG and stay healthy!

Thank you! Took about 10 minutes to get this working again and that included downloading the hex editor and entering the access and refresh tokens again.

Comment

I realize this is an old thread, but the only one relevant to my query:

I installed the plugin and successfully made the hex offset change detailed above.

However when configuring the plugin, I was prompted to enter the "refresh token". Could somebody please guide me on how to get this token?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X