Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stefxx
    replied
    Hi slog , thanks. I have looked into that before, but they won't accept me as a B2B partner. It seems they are very restrictive in who they allow into their partner program. I believe no other 3rd party developer (from HomeSeer or any of the other home automation systems) have been able to get into the LG partner network.

So they claim to have an open API, but in reality, it is still very much closed.

But if you know "how to get in", let me know!

Leave a comment:

• slog
    replied
    LG has a developer site and you can set up virtual devices, including TVs, to play around with.
    http://thinqcloud.developer.lge.com/en/

Leave a comment:

• stefxx
    replied
    Turns out that the TV control is quite different than the normal household LG ThinQ API. It also requires a direct connection, which makes this not as straightforward as I hoped. So don't expect any TV support soon. Thanks jeff.texasfleet@yahoo.com for your help!

Leave a comment:

• jeff.texasfleet@yahoo.com
    replied
    OK, Awesome would love to! Sent you a PM.

Jeff B

Leave a comment:

• stefxx
    replied
    Hi, I would love to incorporate them into the plugin. However, I do not have access to a TV or Soundbar from LG.

If I could "borrow" your LG account I should be able to implement at least monitoring. Controlling depends on a lot of factors... including the time you allow me to test on your devices

Leave a comment:

• jeff.texasfleet@yahoo.com
    started a topic Supported Devices

Supported Devices

Are ThinQ TV's or Soundbars supported yet? If you is there any future intent to ad control for them??

Thanks
    Jeff B.
Working...
X