X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Device Status on LG Washer and LG Dryer

Hello,

I installed the LGThinq Beta plugin in HS4 and after accepting the Terms and Conditions on my iphone, it installed and added my Washing Machine and my Dryer to both the devices in the plugin as well as my device list. The problem is that it only shows the device names and no status. Do I have to do something in order to see the status of the devices or is it not working correctly?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Devices Screenshot.jpg
Views:	375
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	1423712

Hi minerpat, thanks for trying my plugin.

Can you look into the device list and see if your washer and dryer are V1 or V2 devices? It should say "thinq1" or "thinq2" in the "platform" column.

It it is V2, than means something is really wrong as it should work. If it is V1, it means your devices are not supported yet. See https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...ported-devices. In that case, I really hope you will help me get your devices supported!

Thanks!
    stefxx

Comment

Hi stefxx,

Thanks for the very quick reply. They both say "thinq1" next to them. I will message you with my LG login to help with development for them as that would be wonderful to have them supported! Please let me know if you need anything else!

Thanks so much for the wonderful support!

Comment

Ok, that explains. Looking forward integrating those devices!
        stefxx

Comment

Support for both washer and dryer v1 have been implemented. I am looking for testers, not only for those devices but as I had to change quite some code I want to make sure it doesn't negatively impact existing functionality. Just download the latest beta if you want to help. Thanks!

And thanks minerpat for your help!
          stefxx

Comment

Thank you for your very fast response and very fast development. Loving the plug-in! Works great!

Comment

Seems to work perfect here

Comment

The plugin was working, but now it is sketchy.
                The status does not seem to update reliably. Like, when you start the dryer, the state says drying, but when the load finished, I used to get a notification, now I dont.

I am thinking this has more to do with the dryer, and not the plugin, but maybe someone has seen this before?

Comment

My LG mini splits and refrigerator are always online and always work with HS and the LG app. The LG washer and dryer are flakey. When HomeSeer doesn’t see them, neither does the ThinQ app. It has to be the machines. I have deleted them from my network and added them again only to have them work a few days or weeks. LG support has totally ignored my repeated requests for help. These are 2021 models, so they should work reliably. Here is the app today, the washer and dryer are gone again.

Click image for larger version

Name:	E4119522-473D-4380-A52E-694165D3A009.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	1546617
                  HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Same here , but only for the dryer. The status is updated fine when it is in use.

This seems to be a commun issue on the web.
                    Attached Files

Comment

also, Dryer and washing machine seem to be sensitive to routers wifi. I have seen a lot a connection/disconnection on my router logs (asus). Only a fresh complete reinstallation of the firmware has cleared that issue. Also, creating a guest network only for lgthinq seems to be a good idea.

Comment

Yes, I recognize the issues from my own LG washer. Also, from the 4 A/C units, one of them looses WiFi every now and then (which is the v2 unit, the others are v1 units, not sure if that is related).

Creating a separate IoT WiFi network has helped me a lot. Not only for LG devices, but all my WiFi IoT devices. I have disabled all fancy features (fast roaming, band steering, power saving etc etc) on that network. Since then it is quite stable.
                        stefxx

Comment

I am also seeing a problem where the status of my washer and dryer have stopped updating.

If I refresh the devices via the settings page they update and/or if I reauthorise they will update, but don’t update apart from that.

I am able to turn the devices and and off from HomeSeer so I don’t think it’s a connection issue.

They also seem to update OK in LG’s App.

Do you have any trouble shooting suggestions?

Thanks!

Comment

I just monitored the last 15 minutes of my washer program, and everything updated just fine. I do know that there is some maintenance planned at the LG API in about 9 hours. Not sure if that has anything to do with it. The maintenance window is for max 8 hours.

Restart the plugin if you haven't already tried that. Maybe something got stuck. Otherwise, no idea, sorry. Wait until tomorrow after the LG maintenance update and see if that made a difference.
                            stefxx

Comment

Ok, thanks. It has been a problem for (at least) a few weeks. I’ll wait until after the maintenance and see if that makes any difference and try restarting.

Comment

Working...
                              X