Devices have no status or controls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devices have no status or controls

The plug-in isn't detecting my television. It does detect the Wash Tower, but there is only a root device (with no functions or statuses present).

(The plug-in also crashes a lot.)

Any ideas? Thanks,.

Hi David!

LG Televisions are using a completely different library, and for that reason are not supported with this plugin.

What is a Wash Tower? If that simply a stacked Washer and Dryer? Separate appliances or a single integrated device? Anyway, happy to work with you on integrating this new device. That should resolve the crashing as well... as I assume it now received data from that device it can't handle.
    stefxx

Comment

ah.. was hoping to trigger events when the TV turns on, but I can use the receiver for that function.

The Wash Tower is a semi-integrated device. It's a washer & dryer, and they are distinct units, but I say semi-integrated as they share some info. Things like wifi configuration are available from either unit, but they share the info with one another.

https://www.lg.com/us/washer-dryer-c...1hba-washtower

I think it's fairly new, having just come out this year.

Comment

Thank you for the information. Please see PM, if you want me to integrate the Wash Tower into the plugin.
        stefxx

Comment

I have a new WashTower as well. Setup runs perfectly and it finds two devices -
          222 WashTower W3S1CVK2EVS_D_US 9b7c678f-d0b4-1d05-986f-1c3929379d58 clip_hna_v1.9.175 thinq2 Yes
          221 Washer F3S1CWK__ d082c5a1-708e-15a6-9de0-1c3929379d69 clip_hna_v1.9.175 thinq2 Yes
          I presume the WashTower is the Dryer? and the Washer is the Washer?

That works... but I see no status or controls or child devices so I can't create events to trigger other actions on status updates from the two machines. I have redone the setup and re-verified it is communicating (see above snapshot from Refresh Device).... What next? The JSON text is quite huge so it seems to be setup in the Plugin but......

What can I provide you with to assist -- HS4 is 4.2.14.0 and the PlugIn is 4.0.22.3 BETA and all running on Windows​

Comment

Please install the latest release version of the plugin. 4.0.23.0 and try again. If that still fails to create features let me know so I can look into this. Thanks!
            stefxx

Comment

Sweet -- worked like a charm... Thank you very much...

Comment

Working...
              X