Mini Split Display Card in Grid View

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini Split Display Card in Grid View

stefxx, is it possible to have mini splits "look" more like a thermostat in Grid View, and therefore HS Mobile as well? Not sure if you are familiar with Omni Panels/plug in, I've included a screen snapshot from the Omni plugin as well as one of a mini split managed with the LG plugin. Do you think this is something we can do, or does it have to be within the plugin?

With the latest release of HS you can easily pick one - three items to display on the card, but due to space limitations some of the items won't display, as in the 3rd screenshot.

I'm wonder if the LG Features in HS can be display similar to the way they are in the Omni...?

Rob
    Attached Files

Excellent question. I haven't looked at the grid view much, when I created the plugin it wasn't really worth it and I believe it has improved significantly I personally still don't use it, ever.

I will have to look into this, no clue what is and is not possible currently, and if/what it would mean to the plugin.
    stefxx

Comment

OK, this is the best I can come up with:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-11-26 102811.png
Views:	123
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	1510213

Please install the latest beta an try for yourself. Let me know how this works for you.
      stefxx

Comment

Sorry for the delay, sometimes the emails from postings complain I don't have access, yet I can navigate to the posting manually.

Anyways, looks good. I've got the beta installed just now and a quick checkout looks a lot better and more informative.

Would it be possible to include a power toggle as well, the status indicator works thou, on the card? Maybe my situation is a little different in where/how I use the mini splits. In most cases I'm managing temperature in two rooms, two separate minis, and because the rooms are not usually occupied (garage and bonus room over the garage) during the colder months I'm just looking keep it well above freezing.

As we spoke before, the minis won't go below 60, so I control the temp by controlling the power instead. I wait until a temperature sensor reports 50 degrees, separate sensor, and I power on the mini, then turn it off when it reaches 54. All that to say, sometimes I manually override HS events and power it on manually via HS. It would be nice if the card included power toggle as well. None of the other controls will work unless its powered on first, obviously...

Really appreciate your time and effort on this.

Comment

Great. Unfortunately, there is no way to change the layout of the thermostat view, I can only use specific fields. And the view does not include a power option. Since the documentation (https://docs.homeseer.com/display/HSPI/Device+Layouts) is incomplete as well I guessed my way already so far

So unless I abuse another field (which means I have to drop either the mode or the fan control) I cannot "add" it.

It would be better if HomeSeer added a power option to the thermostat view. Can you do a feature request to HomeSeer support for this? Then I can add it afterwards.
          stefxx

Comment

Here another creative implementation:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-11-28 204924.png
Views:	117
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	1510733

Pressing "up" will turn the A/C on, pressing "down" will turn it off. Latest beta includes this view.

Maybe we should ask HomeSeer for a dedicated A/C view that not only includes on/off but also horizontal/vertical fan control?

stefxx

Comment

Please do NOT attempt to install the latest beta. It become corrupt during submission, and I can't upload a new version. I have contacted the HomeSeer team for advice. I'll let you know when it is fixed.
              stefxx

Comment

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
                Please do NOT attempt to install the latest beta. It become corrupt during submission, and I can't upload a new version. I have contacted the HomeSeer team for advice. I'll let you know when it is fixed.
                Darn, I liked the last creative implementation. Let me know when its ready and I'll gladly load it up. I'll also be glad to ask for any feature enhancements, although I haven't had much luck with HS on that initiative.

Comment

BTW, the beta looks good in HS Mobile too. A lot more useable.

Comment

Originally posted by RRR View Post

Darn, I liked the last creative implementation. Let me know when its ready and I'll gladly load it up. I'll also be glad to ask for any feature enhancements, although I haven't had much luck with HS on that initiative.
                    The beta version is now available again.
                    stefxx

Comment

Thanks stefxx! I've loaded the latest beta and appears to be working in Grid view. There are a couple exceptions I noticed.

First pic - In HS Mobile an error thrown when doing anything in this view, but if you click through on the device name you can make changes.
                      Second pic - Full view in HS Mobile
                      Third pic - One of two minis in Grid view, Not sure what/how to call it but the items on the top row are now all gone. Guessing because they are all on the card now??? But the status indicators for fan and air flow are MIA now too.
                      Fourth pic - the other mini in Grid View, looks and operates fine.
                      Fifth pic - I've gotten a handful of these errors, but only one after restarting the PI

I did notice some quirkiness in control the minis initially, but a restart of the plugin appears to help with that. Probably didn't help I was switching back and forth between HS Mobile and web browser (grid view).

Personally I like the layout, much more user friendly. As long as it's on you can control it from the grid view card.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi! Sorry, I assumed that the grid view in HSMobile would be identical to the grid view in the web interface. I never use HSMobile...

Anyway, being creative here doesn't seem a good idea after all. I better stick to the pre-defined options for the thermostat view. It doesn't look optimal in the web view but reasonably good in HSMobile. Also, I realized that some of the options might be used later as well (for instance for Google Home or Alexa if the integration will even be completed) so abusing properties will hurt in the long run.

This is what it is in the latest beta. Mainly back to the first solution again. Grid view in the web interface:
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2021-11-30 090333.png Views:	0 Size:	36.3 KB ID:	1511065

HSMobile:
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20211130-090308_HomeSeer Mobile.jpg Views:	0 Size:	89.2 KB ID:	1511066

I believe this should also solve most of the issues you've described in your last post.
                        stefxx

Comment

Can't say I'm not a little disappointed, however I completing get it and understand. Thanks for making the improvements you did, really appreciate it. Do you plan to roll this out in the production release?

Comment

Originally posted by RRR View Post
                            Can't say I'm not a little disappointed, however I completing get it and understand.
                            Thanks. We can still ask HomeSeer to improve the Web view and/or create a new A/C view. But that will take some time.

Thanks for making the improvements you did, really appreciate it. Do you plan to roll this out in the production release?
                            Unless some negative side effect shows up, it will be in the next release.

stefxx

Comment

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
                              Unless some negative side effect shows up, it will be in the next release.
                              4.0.18.0 has been released.
                              stefxx

Comment

Working...
                              X