Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG Washer controls not working

Hi there,

I am using LG ThinQ 4.0.21.0. My LG Dryer has controls in HS4 that allow me to power off the dryer and they are working great. However, my LG Washer's same controls are not working. The LG Washer model is F3M2CYK__. Can the washer controls be fixed so that I can power off my washer via HS4?

Thanks so much, I love your plug-in.

HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.8.0 (Windows)

Plugins Installed
    Arduino 4.0.2.7,Big5HS4 3.7.0.0,BLGarbage 2.0.6.0,BLLAN 2.0.45.0,BLLogMonitor 2.0.16.0,BLOnkyo 4.0.8.0,BLShutdown 1.0.5.0,drhsIpPlugIn 0.0.0.31,Global Cache Pro 5.0.0.59,HS MyQ 4.0.9.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.21.0,MagicHome 1.0.0.336,MeiKu 3.2.0.10,Pushover 3P 0.0.0.52,rnbWeather 4.2.0.0,Tasker Plugin 3.0.4.9,Vista Alarm 3.0.1.0,Z-Wave 3.0.9.0,Z-Wave Parameters 4.0.46.0,Z-Wave UI 1.0.0.0

Hi frank2010 , good question. I have implemented the power options on request of a few users, but I knew not all devices would support it. So I guess you have a device type that doesn't support remote on/off.

One way to test it; can you power off the washer from the official LG app?
    stefxx

Comment

Hi there stefxx,

I thought the same thing. I can power off my LG Washer from the ThinQ mobile app.

Frank

Comment

I turned on the LG plugin dubugging and see the commands now in the HS4 log.

Comment

Can you share the commands from the log? So I can at least check if the correct command is being send?

Even better, turn on all logging including "log to file". Try to turn off the washer and stop logging again. Then send me the log found in your HomeSeer/Logs directory. Note: it might contain personal information so feel free to PM me.
          stefxx

Comment

Did the PM message come through? I sent the log file.

Comment

Yes, thanks. Nothing wrong with the command, and also the response is as expected. So I guess your washer needs something else to be turned off...
              stefxx

Comment

I tested again with my own washer, and it works as expected.

Do you have any way of sniffing the command being send from the LG app? Probably not (as it is not easy to do) but I have to ask.
                stefxx

Comment

I do not have a way to sniff the command. I can give you my LG account access information. I remember giving that to you in the past to diagnose a problem. Can I PM you the LG URL to my account?

Comment

I currently do not have a working setup for this to trace unfortunately.
                    stefxx

Comment

Can you try the latest beta? There is one thing I like to try, a long shot but you'll never know. Thanks!
                      stefxx

Comment

Yes, testing now.

Comment

I updated to beta and tested. The off function did not work. I pressed start, and the washer beeps. Which may be a good sign.

Comment

I've tried to restore my testing environment so I could capture new commands. Unfortunately the LG ThinQ app now requires Android 7 or higher. Which makes it extremely difficult to capture the traffic. So for now I don't have a solution for this. Sorry.
                            stefxx

Comment

Hi there, thanks for attempting to setup your testing environment. Is there anything I can do to help, financial support for your testing environment?

Comment

Working...
                              X