Any chance to add LG TV or Projector?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any chance to add LG TV or Projector?

The plug-in is working great for our 5 mini splits, refrigerator, washer and dryer. The washer and dryer have problems at LGs end, but when they connect, the plug-in reports their status and allows control reliably. When they don't report to HomeSeer they also won't report to the ThinQ app.

Was wondering if there was any way we could also get the TVs and Projector. All of them reliably connect to the ThinQ app, are controllable and report their status.

It would be great id we could get that data into HS. I have 4 TVs and a new Laser projector. If you need me to help with information from my system, let me know.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Yeah, I know there is a request for this from a few users. However, the API is completely different from other LG appliances.

I might look at it in the future. Currently I do not have the time nor do I have an LG TV.
    stefxx

Comment

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
      Yeah, I know there is a request for this from a few users. However, the API is completely different from other LG appliances.

I might look at it in the future. Currently I do not have the time nor do I have an LG TV.
      Understood. If you find the time and want data from my system or access, let me know by PM or email.

Comment

Originally posted by stefxx View Post

Originally posted by randy View Post
        Understood. If you find the time and want data from my system or access, let me know by PM or email.
        I would definitely be interested too. Works with our LG Refrigerator, but we just got an OLED C2 and want to be able ot add it to Homeseer. Willing to share data or system access.

Comment

No TV control is the only thing holding me back on this PI.
          Laundry appliances are just an added bonus

Comment

TV control would make this an easy purchase for me. I am trying to find out how to automatically turn on one LG TV on if another one is on + a certain light.

Comment

I use the MediaController plug in to control my LG OLED C2 TV as a remote control with my apple watch or through HS4 events. Works great for what I use it for.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	173
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	1588730

Comment

Here I am using an lgtv2mqtt node server that I modified a little. I am using it to send commands to the tv.

I did also root the tv the be able to get access to the tv mediastatus state + other things like panel usage. This ressource is used to send (push) all the states via mqtt.

It would be long to document. If someone wants to know all the process i’ll post the work I did, but next month.

Here’s a teaser. And btw… everything is local (but not plug and play).

Edit: second picture is phone view

Attached Files
                Last edited by pistacheL0; February 3, 2023, 04:47 AM. Reason: Updated picture

Comment

will40 and pistacheL0 do the solutions you are using turn the TV On with currently updated TVs? I know the LG WebOS Node-RED configs do not turn my TV on and it seems even the LG ThinQ app will not do so.
                  Karl S
                  HS4Pro on Windows 10
                  1070 Devices
                  56 Z-Wave Nodes
                  104 Events
                  HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
                  Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Originally posted by ksum View Post
                    will40 and pistacheL0 do the solutions you are using turn the TV On with currently updated TVs? I know the LG WebOS Node-RED configs do not turn my TV on and it seems even the LG ThinQ app will not do so.
                    It may be model dependent. Our 3 year old 65” will turn off but not on by the app. Our newer 75”, 40” and laser projector will turn on by the app.

Comment

I am still turning the tv on with IR.
                      I belive it would work with WOL, if the tv is quickstart+ setting is set to on, but I never tried it.

Edit: I just tried wol with a c1 and it works.
                      edit2 : if i ssh into the tv, send a poweroff command, and try wol again it doesn’t work. I guess this is turning off the ethernet. In normal usage (without using the poweroff command), I also think the ethernet is turned off after x min of inactivity without quickstart + enabled.

Comment

my C2 operates fully using the media controller plugin. Power on, off, pause, play, stop, select the apps, etc. Only feature I am not able to do or figure out is how to select channels when using my Comcast set top box.

Comment

hello old post :-)

Another vote for adding TV functionality. I want to be able to have an action to turn on the LG TV, the Onkyo receiver, maybe turn on the ceiling fan adjust lighting... Only missing part is TV control.

Thanks in advance!!

Comment

Working...
                          X