• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LEDENET controller support

Does this plugin support these?

Originally posted by mlagase View Post
    Does this plugin support these?
    So off the devices look exactly the same as MiLight, so there is a big change it will work. But you can try during the 30-day trial period.
    Regards,

Rien du Pre
    The Netherlands
    Using:
    Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
    Plugin's:
    RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Thanks,

I will give it a try and report back the results after I receive one of the units.

Mike

Comment

Thanks,

I will give it a try and report back the results after I receive one of the units.

Mike
        Mike I tried Rien's LimitlessLED plugin and was unable to make it work with the LEDENET (Magic Wifi RGB LED Controller).

Rien's would you consider adding support for this device?

This is a link to the device on Amazon, see https://www.amazon.com/LEDENET-Smart.../dp/B01DY56N8U and https://www.amazon.com/LEDENET-Contr...dp/B00MDKOSN0/

This is a link to the command definitions https://raw.githubusercontent.com/zo...ter/MH_API.txt

Thanks for any consideration.
        Billy

Comment

Thanks bdraper,

I ordered the one in your first link as that seemed to be the most compact. I was actually going to give this plugin a try to see if it worked as well but support in this plugin would also be very useful. Not sure how much work it would be to add support for it though.

And thanks for the command definitions link as that would be very helpful to get me started.

Play time will commence tomorrow once I receive the unit. I have a Qubino which works great but was looking for other lower cost alternatives and this one had pretty good reviews and the MiLight ones seems to be larger in size. So many options just need to start somewhere...

Mike

Comment

Seems like the LEDENET controller will not work without a hub of some sort. Not sure why it is needed when it connects directly to my wireless network.

Do I need a hub to make this work with this plugin?

Comment

Yes the plugin uses this Wifi controller box https://www.amazon.com/LEDENET-Wirel...07333QK1R?th=1

But the title says LEDENET, but it is a MiLight box.

So not sure if it wil work with other LEDENET devices.
              Regards,

Rien du Pre
              The Netherlands
              Using:
              Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
              Plugin's:
              RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Seems like the LEDENET controller will not work without a hub of some sort. Not sure why it is needed when it connects directly to my wireless network.

Do I need a hub to make this work with this plugin?
                Interesting, are you able to control this device with the Magic Home Wifi app? I can control my units with this app as well as the drhsIpPlugin once I entered the codes into the configuration.
                Billy

Comment

Yes, the Magic Home wifi app works perfectly to control the lights and I can control the lights with the plugin to some extent. The codes you had sent seem to differ on the LEDENET device that I just received.

Comment

Yes, the Magic Home wifi app works perfectly to control the lights and I can control the lights with the plugin to some extent. The codes you had sent seem to differ on the LEDENET device that I just received.
                    Very strange indeed... I used an app called Packet Capture on my phone to grab some of the codes and used the document below to build the codes for some of the commands.

This is a link to the command definitions https://raw.githubusercontent.com/zo...ter/MH_API.txt
                    Billy

Comment

How did you set the unit up in the app? Maybe I have configured it wrong. Do you have a screenshot that I could use as a guide?
                      Billy

Comment

I used the guide that came with it. Once the power is on, it should show up in the app once launched, you select it to connect and it will then ask you for your wireless network credentials. It will then take a while to connect but once it does it is completely controllable.

Now if you delete the association and then try to connect again, it gets wonky and I got frustrated with it. I had to eventually end up resetting the unit after turning on and off 3 times like it says in the instructions which is a bit confusing. After a couple of times, I was able to get in to the app again and get it finally connected to the wireless network and.life was good. I think I got lucky a couple of times during this reset process to get it working and frustrated many other times. Once it is connected it works great.

Comment

I used the guide that came with it. Once the power is on, it should show up in the app once launched, you select it to connect and it will then ask you for your wireless network credentials. It will then take a while to connect but once it does it is completely controllable.

Now if you delete the association and then try to connect again, it gets wonky and I got frustrated with it. I had to eventually end up resetting the unit after turning on and off 3 times like it says in the instructions which is a bit confusing. After a couple of times, I was able to get in to the app again and get it finally connected to the wireless network and.life was good. I think I got lucky a couple of times during this reset process to get it working and frustrated many other times. Once it is connected it works great.
                          Ah, I guess I misunderstood. I thought you were using this plugin to control the unit. Did I get that wrong?
                          Billy

Comment

I did not use the plugin as I didn't have the wifi controller. I have one on the way to try it but only have it working currently using the setup that you have prescribed which does work.

I'll try the plugin in the the next day or so to see if I can get it to work but everything I read doesn't look promising.

Comment

I just received my wifi ibox controller Ibox2 and appears that it does not detect the LEDENET Wifi controller. I also tried AP mode to see if the LEDENET controller would find this as a wifi box but it couldn't so it must be running on a different frequency I guess

Could we by chance add support for this? This would open up a lot of options for a lot of people I think.
                              Last edited by mlagase; April 5, 2018, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X