Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I create a Virtual Device in Caseta?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I create a Virtual Device in Caseta?

I'm wondering if it is possible to create a virtual (or "Phantom") device in Lutron Caseta like you can in Radio RA2. I'm trying to create a bridge between my Harmony remote and HS3. Currently RA2 does not talk to Harmony, so I am looking for another way. If I could create a virtual device within Caseta, I could use the Harmony to control that device, and then run HS3 events off of that. Thanks!

Surprised there's been no response here. Other threads make reference to the creation of virtual devices to overcome certain integration shortcomings.

Originally posted by jquincy View Post
    I have had to associate my motion sensor with RA2 plugs to get them to be used in homeseer. Not the solution you are looking for
    I interpret this to say "Just go with the RA2 Main Repeater!" I am guessing I will also need to purchase a new DonMor plug-in.

Dan the LAN Man

Comment

Originally posted by Dan the LAN man View Post
      Surprised there's been no response here. Other threads make reference to the creation of virtual devices to overcome certain integration shortcomings.

I interpret this to say "Just go with the RA2 Main Repeater!" I am guessing I will also need to purchase a new DonMor plug-in.

Dan the LAN Man
      Sounds good, but as I mentioned above, RA2 does not work with Harmony. The DonMor plugin for RA2 works great, and he is pretty quick to respond to questions or problems.

DonMor could you respond to this question: Can you create virtual devices in Caseta?

Comment

With Caseta we are not able to create a virtual device, this is the app of Lutron, the only way to create a Dummy light is to buy a switch, register it then re-sell it.

Comment

Working...
        X