RA2S add device: Default Room shortage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RA2S add device: Default Room shortage

I've installed an RR-SEL-REP2 main hub, added about 60 devices in 14 "rooms", set up Leaving & Coming home, I then installed an Zee S2 and added the Omni Plug-in and then the Lutron Caseta (I read this is the one for RA2 select).

When I try to add a device, the "default room" pull-down gives me the following selections:
    Bathroom
    Kitchen
    Living Room
    Caseta
    Master Bedroom
    Omni
    Omni Alarm Areas
    Omni Area Modes
    Omni System
    ​​​​​​Omni Units
    ​​​​​​Omni Zones

The 4 rooms that do show up are valid/useful, but I'm missing a bunch and I'm thinking I'll need that grouping functionality when I get everthing loaded in the plug-in. I tried adding a device to Caseta, and it worked, but I can't change the room after the addition.

Am I doing something wrong?

OK, I figured out that the 4 rooms were there because of the 4 virtual devices that came with the ZS2, so I added some dummy devices with the room names I needed. Seems kludgy but worked. Then I found the New Room button. I guess I posted too soon: just getting started here. Now I’d like to wipe the plug-in and start over, guess I better figure out how to do that.

Comment

OK, I'm finding my way around, but I've got a way to go. I do think that maybe it's time for DonMor to branch off to a RA2S plug-in and/or modify the forum thread and code to cover the RA2 Select...? 2 things so far:
      1. Fan switch choice doesn't include RRD-2ANF
      2. Type of Device doesn't include choice for occupancy/vacancy sensor.
      I've got a handful of WIRED (Visonic 240 Duo) sensors that I want to keep and are a big portion of why I went to Homeseer, but I did buy a handful of Lutron sensors. Most of them I'll be returning since I discovered they don't echo to telnet, but I want to use 1 that will be dedicated to just one switch and I don't need to see traffic. On second thought, maybe I don't need to add it to Homeseer anyway...

Comment

Good idea there maybe... about branching off. The RA2 Select Hub is highly innovative because it's both Lutron and it's affordable. RA2 Select and HomeSeer compatibility really fits the bill for me. Is the Occupancy Sensor the only missing piece with Select? I sense the bigger issue of splitting or grouping DonMor's Lutron PI's rooted in Lutron's proprietary control of Telnet port communications - although everyone I have met from Lutron (and asked for transparent support) seems willing to help to the extent they can. I would think the ability to sell five or 10 Occupancy Sensors on each job-site would be enticing to Lutron sales (more than the loss of a RA2 Main Repeater sale). Meanwhile, I guess I need to move forward and buy that RA2 Main Repeater to fully enjoy all things Lutron here beside HomeSeer. DonMor: "Whats my upgrade path?"

Comment

I fully agree with you, I think Lutron start to see the importance of low price, good switch market, they upgrade the caseta to 75 devices, hope they will add more telnet feature for the RA2 select.

Comment

Working...
          X