Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double / triple tap

Hi
    I’m looking to finally upgrade my light switches to caseta. But I love the idea of double / triple tap because I have several rooms where two different switches would control a different set of lights in that room. Is it possible to use caseta switch to do a double tap to turn on all the lights in a room and a single tap to only turn that set of lights? Or is this capability only available in the homeseer light switches?

thanks

yes, you will need to use the Pico to do that with an event, you add the Pico without associate a switches then you can create the event to do the multiple tap with a counter. Also you can associate a button of the Pico instead using multiple tap to do what you want.

Comment

Awesome, thank you for the information.

Comment

Forgot about that. I might install 2-3 picos (so it look like a real switch near somewhere i already have a real one) and use the pico for two purposes.
        Thanks.

Comment

I don't use Lutron currently but was considering trying some Caseta stuff. Curious why multi-tap is implemented on Picos but not wired switches? Is Lutron providing some feature with wired switches that is incompatible with multi-tap?

Comment

This is how we work with multiple tap, using a Pico without assigning a switch (stand alone) so we can create events with counters. You can also do that with a switch but the light will follow the action.

Comment

Originally posted by DonMor View Post
              This is how we work with multiple tap, using a Pico without assigning a switch (stand alone) so we can create events with counters. You can also do that with a switch but the light will follow the action.
              So the bridge is just using a counter to track presses within a time interval instead of the switch or pico decipehering the number of presses and then sending different commands to the bridge based on the press pattern?

Comment

Hey,
                I'm trying to figure out how to do the Double/triple tap with the Pico, is there any instructions or can anyone post a screenshot of how this is done?
                Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by Ramses View Post
                  Hey,
                  I'm trying to figure out how to do the Double/triple tap with the Pico, is there any instructions or can anyone post a screenshot of how this is done?
                  Thanks,
                  No triple per say…

I do the following.

middle button press turn on switch
                  middle button press and light is on turn on another light
                  etc…

Comment

Thanks, but I'm actually trying to figure out how to use the Pico to perform a Double tap to turn on one set of lights and then a double tap to turn on the second set of lights.

Comment

Anyone able to help?

Comment

Working...
                      X