Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RA2 Disconnect Every 30 seconds

All,

Trying to figure out what may be causing this problem... I have a RadioRA2 repeater with version 12.0.1 Firmware, have version 3.0.0.99 of the plugin installed, and every 30 seconds the plugin loses the telnet connection, and re-connects. This happens like clockwork. Log entries look like:
    Aug-26 3:51:37 PM LutronRA2 Telnet Login succesfull
    Aug-26 3:51:24 PM LutronRA2 Now try to Log in Lutron
    Aug-26 3:51:24 PM LutronRA2 connected to the telnet IP address: 192.168.71.9Port: 23
    Aug-26 3:51:19 PM LutronRA2 Warning Lost connection with Telnet
    Aug-26 3:51:07 PM LutronRA2 Telnet Login succesfull
    Aug-26 3:50:54 PM LutronRA2 Now try to Log in Lutron
    Aug-26 3:50:54 PM LutronRA2 connected to the telnet IP address: 192.168.71.9Port: 23
    Aug-26 3:50:49 PM LutronRA2 Warning Lost connection with Telnet
    Aug-26 3:50:37 PM LutronRA2 Telnet Login succesfull
    Aug-26 3:50:24 PM LutronRA2 Now try to Log in Lutron
    Aug-26 3:50:24 PM LutronRA2 connected to the telnet IP address: 192.168.71.9Port: 23
    Aug-26 3:50:19 PM LutronRA2 Warning Lost connection with Telnet
    The problem is, this means the plugin is missing events on the RA2 system while it's reconnecting.

The RA2 repeater also has a serial connection to an Omni II Pro, and the Lutron bridge for homekit. I have disabled all other systems that are talking to it.

I am wondering if the Smart Bridge is using the same lutron login, and only one device can be connected per username at once? I remember when I went to Lutron training they mentioned each integration system would need its own login. Would it be possible to add the ability to specify the username and password for logging in to the repeater in a future release? That way HomeSeer can have its own device login.

Could it be something else causing the problem? Enabling the debugging options in the plugin configuration didn't seem to increase any information.
    Last edited by neillt; August 26, 2018, 06:15 PM.

I did add in the config page the User and Password, so you will be able to create a second one. it will be post when HS approve the update. Give some feedback when you have test it.
    Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by DonMor View Post
      I did add in the config page the User and Password, so you will be able to create a second one. it will be post when HS approve the update. Give some feedback when you have test it.
      Thanks
      awesome, this is something that I had been meaning to ask you about. question while we're on the topic of updates: where is your change log published/maintained?

Comment

Yes, I'll post it

Comment

Just to close this loop... after creating a new login in the RadioRA2 software, uploading it to the repeater, and putting the new integration login credentials into the plugin, it now stays connected and is stable.

So... most people are probably gonna end up needing to do this sooner or later.

Comment

Originally posted by neillt View Post
            Just to close this loop... after creating a new login in the RadioRA2 software, uploading it to the repeater, and putting the new integration login credentials into the plugin, it now stays connected and is stable.

So... most people are probably gonna end up needing to do this sooner or later.
            Wait, did you get a plugin update that allows a different username/passwd already? I haven't seen it show up in the updater yet...

Comment

Originally posted by jon102034050 View Post

Wait, did you get a plugin update that allows a different username/passwd already? I haven't seen it show up in the updater yet...
              Yeah, version .100 became available a few days ago. It has the login fields.

Comment

weird.... I saw that update, took it, but the username/password didnt show up until I rebooted. Could very well have something to do w/ the timing of me updating to the latest 472 beta of HS though.

Comment

Working...
                X