No announcement yet.

Firing events off of SeeTouch keypad presses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was a hybrid keypad H6BRL. I programmed one of the buttons to have no Ra2 devices on it.

Lutron's docs on the communications protocol are freely available online:
    http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...ary/040249.pdf

Use a terminal program (my favorite is puTTY https://www.putty.org/). Open a telnet session (port 22) to the IP address of your main repeater. Side note, when using a 2-repeater setup, you can connect to either one of them and see logs from both repeaters (no need to connect to both). Once you're connected login with username lutron and password integration From the GNET prompt you can use a whole range of Lutron's commands. Lines starting with # are commands you're sending. Ones starting with ? are responses the system is sending. Lines starting with ~ are from things you've told the repeater to monitor. You can adjust the MONITORING level to be as concise or verbose as desired.

The use-case for this would be to have a hybrid (or regular) keypad be able to send just button commands to HS3 and do nothing on the Ra2 repeater. One scenario presented was to use a button to toggle control to a different system connected to HS3.

An option would be to program a Ra2 phantom device to the button and have HS3 track that.

Comment

« The use-case for this would be to have a hybrid (or regular) keypad be able to send just button commands to HS3 and do nothing on the Ra2 repeater(this already there, but you need to control the led with the event) . One scenario presented was to use a button to toggle control to a different system connected to HS3. ». The exemple I give is exactly what it do. Does I miss something?

Comment

I'm not sure what's happening, but I just re-programmed the H6BRL button to have a 'Shared (single scene)' with one called "No devices" that has no Ra2 equipment in it.

I then set up two HS3 events. One tracking the LED turning off, the other tracking it turning on.

The button now comes on with the LED lit. Pressing it does not toggle the light. It did before, when the button type was a "Toggle control / room monitoring", but HS3 never saw any changes.

When I press the button, however, HS3 says "LED turned on". It never fires the LED off.

I'm going to experiment with the other Ra2 button choices.

Click image for larger version

Name:	HS3 keypad LED test.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	1256741

Click image for larger version

Name:	HS3 scene types.png
Views:	95
Size:	160.4 KB
ID:	1256742

Comment

What MONITORING mode are you using with the plug-in? I want to make sure I'm seeing the same device messages.

(meanwhile, changing and uploading Ra2 device changes is sooo slow when you have two repeaters and 150+ devices...)

Comment

I use single/multi room scene, The second on the top, with that it will never change the led, this is why I control the led with the event depending of my status of the non Ra2 device.

Comment

Originally posted by DonMor View Post
              here how I would do your event to control the pool with a seetouch and have the led follow:

Don--I used your event sequence to control my Pool Lights and it does work. Thanks much for the help. However, I did need to make a minor change. Under the status graphics for the SeeTouch button that is controlling the Pool Lights, I had to change the "Press" status button to "control" instead of both. Prior to this change, the button was showing a status of "Press" and further presses of the button did nothing. Does the change I made sound correct? Or am I going to have new problems with this setting?

As an aside, why does the button have the 3 status settings: LED on, LED off, and press? It seems that LED on and LED off are the only ones used. Contrary to your statement above (you said the LED was always off when the button is not tied to a switch), my LED was always on. I'm still trying to wrap my head around how the buttons and the LED status work together to control events.

Comment

I noticed on mine that if I press the button to fire a command, the status changes to "press" in HS3 and stays there. I got around this by having the event change the button status to "LED On" or "LED Off" at the end of the event.

This is for Seetouch. I still haven't had much luck using buttons on Grafik Eyes.

Comment

DonMor Don--could you address these last two posts? Thanks.

Comment

Sorry for the delay, I was traveling, I'll need to test those at home, I'll post back after testing it with my system.

Comment

One downside I'm noticing to tracking the LED state is it gets changed by timeclock scheduled events also. As in, something already running on the repeater as a scheduled event might also change the LED state. This is fine if all you're doing is tracking the state (and the LED is correct). If, however, you're looking to track the specific button press the LED state may not be what you're after.

I've been sidetracked by other projects and haven't had/made time to look into this in more detail...

Comment

DonMor Thanks for your assistance in getting the SeeTouch buttons to fire other events in HS3. Can I do the same thing with one of the Lutron RA2 pico remotes? I would like to mount a 2-button pico on the wall, and have it control a zwave switch in the attic. Thanks!

Comment

Yes you can do the same thing with a Pico, I did use a pico scene 4 buttons and use each button as a toggle, in the events:

If press button 1 and light Off then turn light On,
                          If press button 1 and light On then turn light Off,

Comment

Originally posted by DonMor View Post
                            Yes you can do the same thing with a Pico, I did use a pico scene 4 buttons and use each button as a toggle, in the events:

If press button 1 and light Off then turn light On,
                            If press button 1 and light On then turn light Off,
                            Thanks Don. This worked great. A lot easier to program events with these than the Touch Pads.

Comment

Working...
                            X