Using Timeclock Mode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Timeclock Mode?

Anyone here using the Timeclock Mode in the repeater? As in, the "Normal, Away, Alternate and Suspend" options that can be set from the Lutron tablet/phone apps?

I'd like to make better use of these. But it being a multi-value string prevents treating it like an On/Off device.

So I'm thinking the only way to get "On/Off" functionality is to use a bunch of virtual devices in HS3. As in, one separate virtual device for each Mode and then two separate HS Events for each (on and off). Then a separate HS Event for each Timeclock mode. Use the HS virtual device On and Off events to set the Timeclock Mode. Then use the Timeclock mode HS Events to toggle the On/Off state of each virtual mode button.

This would give me a way to use external cloud services like IFTTT or Amazon Alexa to use the On/Off state for vacation mode. I've got some devices that can't be controlled directly but have cloud interfaces that can be called from IFTTT and others. My thinking is "Alexa, turn on Vacation Mode" and have that toggle a virtual device that's tracked by IFTTT to handle setting other stuff accordingly.

Has anyone else here implemented something like this?
Working...
X