No announcement yet.

Fan Control Switch Status Graphics/Text

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please try the ver. 118, I did round down the number, so you should read 25, 50 and 75. I did post in the beta (so you can install before they release it) and in the regular update.

please give me your feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by DonMor View Post
      Please try the ver. 118, I did round down the number, so you should read 25, 50 and 75. I did post in the beta (so you can install before they release it) and in the regular update.

please give me your feedback.
      Don--it still does not work correctly. All is fine when I control the fan with HS3. However, when I first turn on the fan with the wall switch, it goes to 74.9. The status graphic in HS3 is the orange 51-75 fan graphic, but no value (medium high) is shown next to the graphic. Also, when I use the wall switch to turn off the fan, the graphic and status in HS3 still says the fan is on. This is how it looks after I first turn it on, and the same when I turn it off:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.JPG Views:	0 Size:	12.2 KB ID:	1373987
      Here is the advanced tab after I turn off the fan using the switch:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	1373992

Comment

try the beta 120

Comment

Originally posted by DonMor View Post
          try the beta 120
          That seems to have worked. The wall switch and the HS3 interface are in sync. Thanks!

EDIT: I solved the problem with setting the device value with a script. I had to use a CAPI command.

I still have one problem. I have written scripts to increase or decrease the fan speed that I use in HSTouch. When I run these scripts the device value in HS3 changes, but the fan does respond in any way. Do I need to do something different to actually control the fan? Here is one of the scripts:

Code:
          Sub Main(param As Object)

'   This script decreases the fan speed by 25 percent.
          '   Use only for fan switches that have speeds of 0, 25, 50, 75, 100.

'###############################################################################################
              Dim Fan_Switch as integer = 64     ' Device Number of Fan Switch
              Dim CurrentSpeed as integer
              Dim NewSpeed as integer

'###############################################################################################

CurrentSpeed = hs.DeviceValue(Fan_Switch)

If CurrentSpeed > 0 Then
                 NewSpeed = CurrentSpeed - 25
                 hs.SetDeviceValueByRef(Fan_Switch, NewSpeed, True)
              End If

End Sub

Comment

the setdevicevalue only change the value, to control see this example:

ref is integer
            newspeed need string

Select Case true
            Case currentspeed < 26
            hs.CAPIControlHandler(hs.CAPIGetSingleControl(ref, False, "Off", False, True))
            Case currentspeed > 74
            hs.CAPIControlHandler(hs.CAPIGetSingleControl(ref, False, "On", False, True))
            Case currentspeed > 0
            hs.CAPIControlHandler(hs.CAPIGetSingleControl(ref, False, newspeed, False, True))
            End Select

Comment

Thanks Don. Here is the solution I came up with:

Code:
               CurrentSpeed = hs.CAPIGetStatus(64).Status

If CurrentSpeed = "High" Then
                     hs.CAPIControlHandler(hs.CAPIGetSingleControl(64,True,"Medium High",False,False))
                  ElseIf CurrentSpeed = "Medium High" Then
                     hs.CAPIControlHandler(hs.CAPIGetSingleControl(64,True,"Medium",False,False))
                  ElseIf CurrentSpeed = "Medium" Then
                     hs.CAPIControlHandler(hs.CAPIGetSingleControl(64,True,"Low",False,False))
                  ElseIf CurrentSpeed = "Low" Then
                     hs.CAPIControlHandler(hs.CAPIGetSingleControl(64,True,"Off",False,False))

End If

Comment

Working...
              X