Lutron RA2 Switch Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lutron RA2 Switch Control

I am thinking about purchasing Lutron RA2 for use in my home but it doesn't support some advanced conditional programming that I would like to be able to use. I ran across HomeSeer and respectively this plugin and am curious if it can do what I want.

I would like to be able to use the Lutron Dimmers such as (RRD-PRO-WH) to control the lights in the house. But I also want the ability to do things similar to what this post talks about.
    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...by-time-of-day

The part that I am confused on is what can I use for the switches. Am I able to use a RA2 dimmer as a trigger for a IFTTT Trigger and still control that same dimmer. My concern is that I would press the dimmer switch to active the lights. The lights would come on the the previously set dimmer value and then the IFTTT would trigger changing the light value after the lights were already on or is this plugin fast enough that it can activate the dimmer to the desired value of the IFTTT Trigger.

Why do you want to use the IFTTT, HS event triggers if very fast.

Is this the same light or other light: IFTTT would trigger changing the light value after the lights were already on

Comment

It would be the same light/dimmer that needed to be updated.

I want to use the If Then logic probably using the plug that was mentioned in the other thread (Spud's Easy Trigger).

What I want to be able to do is 2 things.

1. For Dimmer 1
      1. Between 8am and 9pm the dimmer works normally turning the light on at the last known dimmer value
      2. between 9pm and 8am the dimmer should turn the light on to a default value of 20%
      2. For Dimmer 2 (a different circuit), with a remote dimmer, (for three way control of the light) I want to add a motion sensor to the logic of the circuit/dimmer. So the logic would be as follows.
      • If the motion sensor triggers then turn on the dimmer to 100%, after the motion even clears then turn the dimmer back off
      • If either the dimmer or remote dimmer is used to turn the light on, disable the motion sensor so that it doesn't turn the lights off. When the dimmer or remote dimmer is used to turn the lights off then enable the motion sensor again for control of the lights/dimmer
      From my reading I think the second objective should be pretty doable. My concern is the first objective.

Comment

new function for what you want to do in the Beta 124
        • Set Last Value to Device: change the value of Last in the device
        • Set Night Value to Device: set a value for a dimmer, if the light is off and turn to any value send a command to dim at that value (set back to 0 to remove this function or call the events "Reset All Night to None Value to Device" )
        • Reset All Night to None Value to Device
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Night.png Views:	0 Size:	48.4 KB ID:	1383439

Comment

I am now testing some of basic functionality here and I am finding that the response time is fairly slow. From the time that I press the lighting button to the effect/trigger taking place takes about 2-3 seconds. I am hoping that Its just something that I am doing wrong.

Here is my current event.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2020-09-02 123814.png
Views:	304
Size:	556.1 KB
ID:	1416408

Comment

Please remove the do not log in the device settings and look the log, this is mine with when the spot light turn on the turn on the chandelier, it is instant

Name:	DB2185C3-58D4-4CC9-88C0-343BB6B9F547.jpeg
Views:	313
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	1416566

Comment

It looks like the Do not log is already disabled.

Name:	Annotation 2020-09-03 101321.png
Views:	315
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	1416634

After I press the button on the switch it takes about 3 seconds and this appears in the logs:
              Code:
              Operations with the response ~OUTPUT,13,1,45.26
              Response Output99: ~OUTPUT,13,1,45.26
              Response Output100: ~OUTPUT,13,1,45.26
              Response Output101: 4
              setdevice Output~40445.26
              fin output~2
              fin output~
              fin output3~Lamp Module45.26
              Ped: ByteObject...
              fin output2~
              fin output4~
              setdevice Output-40445.26
              setdevice Output240445.26
              Operations with the response ~OUTPUT,13,29,0~OUTPUT,13,30,1,45.26
              Response Output99: ~OUTPUT,13,29,0~OUTPUT,13,30,1,45.26
              Response Output100: ~OUTPUT,13,29,0~OUTPUT,13,30,1,45.26
              Response Output99: ~OUTPUT,13,29,0~OUTPUT,13,30,1,45.26
              Response Output100: ~OUTPUT,13,29,0~OUTPUT,13,30,1,45.26
              Response Output101: 5
              10:15:03:5331:[Event]->Event Trigger "Test New Event"
              SwitchDim
              10:15:03:6021:[Event]->Event Trigger "Test New Event"
              SENT #OUTPUT,13,1,10,00:00:01,00:00:00

SwitchDim
              SENT #OUTPUT,13,1,10,00:00:01,00:00:00

Operations with the response
              Operations with the response ~OUTPUT,13,1,10.00
              Response Output99: ~OUTPUT,13,1,10.00
              Response Output100: ~OUTPUT,13,1,10.00
              setdevice Output~40410.00
              fin output~2
              fin output~
              fin output3~Lamp Module10
              fin output2~
              fin output4~
              setdevice Output-40410.00
              setdevice Output240410.00
              Operations with the response ~OUTPUT,13,29,6~OUTPUT,13,30,1,10.00
              Response Output99: ~OUTPUT,13,29,6~OUTPUT,13,30,1,10.00
              Response Output100: ~OUTPUT,13,29,6~OUTPUT,13,30,1,10.00
              Operations with the response ~OUTPUT,13,1,10.00
              Response Output99: ~OUTPUT,13,1,10.00
              Response Output100: ~OUTPUT,13,1,10.00
              setdevice Output~40410.00
              fin output~2
              fin output~
              fin output3~Lamp Module10
              fin output2~
              fin output4~
              setdevice Output-40410.00
              setdevice Output240410.00
              Operations with the response ~OUTPUT,13,29,6~OUTPUT,13,30,1,10.00

Comment

Well now I have a bigger issue. HomeSeer crashed and I started to get the error below. I tried to delete all devices and start over but after each time I restarted HomeSeer the devices came back (even with the RA2 plugin completely removed) and I ended up deleting the entire HomeSeer folder and restarting from scratch as I wasn't doing anything yet.

I got HomeSeer licensed and installed the RA2 plugin, but now the RA2 plugin will not register. I went ahead and just enabled it using the trail mode and re-added the Lutron controller. But now when I click on a device on the Device Page I get this error again:
                Code:
                Error in device_prop: The requested operation caused a stack overflow.
                Error in device_misc: The requested operation caused a stack overflow.
                I was getting this error before and was able to get it to stop by deleting all devices from the page and re-adding them from the RA2 plugin but that isn't working this time.

Comment

I think you made a loop in the events, your "if device" ( if 1 to 99) change the same "then device" to 10, so your events run and run and run I think.

try to disable it or delete.

Comment

In the new install I don't have any events programed.

Name:	Annotation 2020-09-03 152430.png
Views:	227
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	1416713

I never re-programed any of them in the new HS4 install. Is the database/config stored somewhere else from the HS4 install folder?

Comment

Please post what system are you running, windows? Linux?, also when post the log be sure you copy the date time and type of log

Comment

This is an Ubuntu 20.04 (latest updates) system.

As for the logs I get those messages from the console output after I run the following command to start HS4:
                        sudo ./go

I have looked through the log file (HomeSeerLog.hsd) and cannot find the log message anywhere in it.

Here is a more complete output from sudo ./go
                        Code:
                        06:31:34:6891:[Info]->Checking device parent child relationships...
                        06:31:34:6906:[Warning]->Issue checking child device (55) LUTRONRA2 Equipment Room MAIN_REPEATER
                        06:31:34:6908:[Warning]->Device (55) LUTRONRA2 Equipment Room MAIN_REPEATER does not reference a parent, it should reference one parent
                        06:31:34:6913:[Warning]->Issue checking parent device (56) LUTRONRA2 Equipment Room MAIN_REPEATER
                        06:31:34:6915:[Warning]->Device (55) LUTRONRA2 Equipment Room MAIN_REPEATER is marked as child, but does not reference any parent
                        06:31:34:6928:[Info]->Found 1 issue(s) with devices
                        06:31:34:6930:[Startup]->Start up complete.
                        Type 'shutdown' to shutdown HomeSeer

> 06:31:34:7008:[Startup]->Scripting is OK and is now running Startup.vb
                        06:31:34:7075:[TTS]->Speak ():Welcome to Home-Seer
                        /opt/HomeSeer/./speak.sh: 2: flite: not found
                        06:31:34:9067:[Info]->System connected to MyHS Service, waiting for acknowledge...
                        File upload thread started
                        06:31:34:9567:[Info]->System connected to MyHS Service successfully with license ID <removed>
                        06:31:35:6139:[LutronRA2 Debug]->Send: <username>
                        send: <username>
                        SENT User: <username>

06:31:36:6211:[LutronRA2 Debug]->Send: <password>
                        send: <password>
                        SENT Password: <password>

Connected to 192.168.1.65:23
                        06:31:36:6359:[LutronRA2]->Telnet Login succesfull
                        Operations with the response ~ERROR,1
                        06:31:54:8276:[Web Server]->Web Server authorized login successful from: 192.168.1.99 User: <username>
                        Device 55 device is a child but does not have a root<----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I clicked on the device in the web interface right here
                        web device 'LutronRA2' on device 55
                        web device '00:00:01' on device 55
                        Operations with the response ~ERROR,1

Comment

Please do a search for the error and mono you need to update your system it is not an issue of the plugin

Comment

See this post it may help

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...e-field-issues

Comment

Thanks for finding that. My version of Mono was already up to date so I ended up following this guide for HS3 and installed Mono from the mono repository and that seems to have fixed that error.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...u-18-04-server

I do still get one error around "Device 55" not having a root:
                              Code:
                              Device 55 device is a child but does not have a root
                              This error occurs when I click on the "Devices" tab. Device 55 is the Main Repeater.

Name:	Annotation 2020-09-09 132319.png
Views:	233
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	1418154

Comment

Working...
                              X