HS4 native plug-in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 native plug-in?

Will you do a port to HS4? If so I would be happy to help test any early versions.
    I noticed a few issues with the HS3 version running in the latest HS4 beta...

I’m working on if, I know in the events I need to change some, need to redo the web page config, please don’t hesitate to post what you see on your side.

but main operation are working from the HS3 plugin

Comment

Will do. The main issue right now is the event management where everything hangs off the main repeater and thus it is impossible to know which room a 'feature' (child device) is in... :-(

Comment

Any updates or news on the HS4 plug-in? I am happy to test even an early alpha. I am skittish moving my entire HS3 system over until I know I can manage the RA2 events...

Comment

To help me, you can test it without moving your current HS3 to HS4, what I see all is working, I'm working on the web config page to be compatible with HS4
          1. If you are installing over an existing HS3 installation, back up your entire HS3 folder. Copy it to a thumb drive or network location. If something goes wrong during your testing, you'll need to copy this folder back to recover your system. DO NOT skip this step!
          2. HS4 does NOT support HSPhone. If you're using HSPhone and wish to upgrade, you'll need to remove all references to HSPhone from your events and you'll need to disable HSPhone before you uninstall HS3.
          3. Uninstall HS3 from Add/Remove programs (The HS3 installer will replace some files if you do not do this and HS4 will not run properly) (When the HS3 uninstall asks if you want to remove temporary files and settings, make sure you say "NO"!)
          4. Install HS4. Make sure it installs into the existing HS3 folder.
          5. Start HS4. Check to ensure that your devices and events imported into HS4 correctly.
          • If desired, you may install HS4 into a new folder. Both HS3 and HS4 may coexist on the same system. However, you will only be able to use one system at a time if you are connected to any hardware interface.
          • You may install HS4 over an existing HS3 installation. During install when you are prompted for an install location, select your existing HS3 folder. HS4 will not overwrite any existing data files such as you HSD database file or any files in the Config folder or Data folder. It will overwrite files in the HTML folder however.
          • When HS4 is started it will load your existing HS4 data file and convert it to the new JSON format. It will NOT modify your original HSD data file. After HS4 is started you can always import your HSD file again from setup if needed.

Comment

Here is the issue: Everything hangs of the Main Repeater and the 'Features' list does not include any of the rooms that have been set up in my RA2 system:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.PNG
Views:	305
Size:	254.0 KB
ID:	1375699

There is no way to know which room each device is in. The RA2 room location seems to be completely missing.

I have observed a few other issues, but I honestly cannot progress until this has been addressed.

Let me know if that makes sense? Happy to try to debug or test anything you want me to.The RA2 plug in is the cornerstone of my HA system...!
            Attached Files

Comment

I suspect some of this has to do with the behavior of HS4 for plugins that has a main controller (like RA2) where all 'child' devices hangs off. It does not matter where the RA2 Main Repeater is located - it's child devices are room specific. that seems to confuse HS4. i have logged it as HS-475, but so far no response.
              Or have I gotten something completely wrong?

Comment

Go in the config and click ungroup for mobile app

Comment

Hmm - not sure what you mean - in the cofig page for the Lutron Main Controller or in the JSON file? Either way - I am not sure that is the issue:

When try to set up an event I pick the LUTRONRA2 Main Repeater (what the plugin names it), but then when I try to pick from the 'Feature' list I just get a list of all devices, but with no room designation, so it is impossible to figure out what is what... (i.e. I have 6 Features named 'Ceiling'). I would expect to see Living Room -> Ceiling, Basement -> Ceiling, etc. But the list just gives me 6 Ceiling entries with no room info... And yes, I have checked that the Room label is enabled... Am I the only one seeing this?

Comment

In the plugin of HS4,

see the picture

Name:	998E1F2F-80E0-4874-AA65-FBFDA74F4904.jpeg
Views:	490
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	1376189

Comment

Doh! I knew I had seen it in the HS3 page, but in HS4 there are 2 Config entries (see pic). this first one does nothing and I had just assumed the 2nd entry didn't work either... But at least I am now back to something that is workable. I might attempt a whole system migration this weekend. Will keep you posted. I also got a couple of the 0-10V RA2 dimmer modules and will see how well they work with 12.6 and the HS3 plugin. Thanks again for your help!

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	287
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	1376204

Comment

Originally posted by DonMor View Post
                        In the plugin of HS4,

see the picture

Name:	998E1F2F-80E0-4874-AA65-FBFDA74F4904.jpeg
Views:	490
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	1376189
                        This did the trick! Thank you. Just upgraded to HS4 and was freaking out about Lutron control with everything being under 'Main Repeater'. Now it's just it was in HS3.

Comment

I *finally* got around to migrate to HS4 and doing so through a clean install (which is painful, but had to be done). I am getting this warning - any idea what this is about?

2/13/2021 2:51:52 PM

HomeSeer
                          Warning
                          Device (43) Main Controller LUTRONRA2 MAIN_REPEATER is marked as child, but does not reference any parent

HomeSeer
                          Warning
                          Issue checking parent device (44) Main Controller LUTRONRA2 MAIN_REPEATER

HomeSeer
                          Warning
                          Device (43) Main Controller LUTRONRA2 MAIN_REPEATER does not reference a parent, it should reference one parent

HomeSeer
                          Warning
                          Issue checking child device (43) Main Controller LUTRONRA2 MAIN_REPEATER

Comment

Did you Go in the config and click ungroup for mobile app?

Comment

Hmm - I should have thought of that. But - I don't see the button show up in the UI... I am sure I am doing something really wrong here??

Name:	InkedCapture_LI.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	1456060
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X