Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seeing a lot of "Lost connection with Telnet" errors?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Seeing a lot of "Lost connection with Telnet" errors?

    I don't recall having anything changed with my Ra2 and HS3 setup, but I'm seeing a lot of these errors in the HS3 log, about every 30 seconds.

    I have two main repeaters in the setup (one on .7 and the other on .8). The plug-in is configured to use the .7 address.

    I've tried stopping/restarting the Ra2 plug-in, and the error comes back again.

    I don't know how long it's been doing this, as I haven't been reading the logs with any regularity.

    And small spelling error, there's only one 'l' in successful, maybe correct if there's another update for something actually important (this isn't).f
    Nov-22 10:52:27 AM LutronRA2 Telnet Login succesfull
    Nov-22 10:52:25 AM LutronRA2 Now try to Log in Lutron
    Nov-22 10:52:25 AM LutronRA2 connected to the telnet IP address: 192.168.12.7Port: 23
    Nov-22 10:52:15 AM LutronRA2 Warning Lost connection with Telnet
    Nov-22 10:51:56 AM LutronRA2 Telnet Login succesfull
    Nov-22 10:51:54 AM LutronRA2 Now try to Log in Lutron
    Nov-22 10:51:54 AM LutronRA2 connected to the telnet IP address: 192.168.12.7Port: 23
    Nov-22 10:51:45 AM LutronRA2 Warning Lost connection with Telnet

    #2
    Not sure, but this may have been due to 'something else' on the network trying to use the default 'lutron' credentials.

    I had another account on the repeater configs, and changed this plug-in to use it. The disconnects seem to have ceased.

    Now the question is what else is trying to use that login... I suppose I'll change it in the Ra2 config and see if anything else starts complaining!

    Comment


      #3
      I have given up on this plugin. I have the same issue, it works for a bit then non stop errors about telnet lost connection. It will turn my lights on, but then I can't turn them off I have to restart the plugin. Fresh Windows 11 install and fresh HS4 install. Wasted so much time on this stupid plugin.

      Comment


        #4
        Make sure whatever else you might have using the main repeater is NOT using the same username/password as whatever you've set up in the plug-in.

        The problem I was having seems to have stopped when I made certain of this. I use the Ra2 software to create a new user on the repeater and used that in the HS3 plug-in.

        I believe it's possible to use the telnet interface to log connections. As in, make a telnet terminal connection to the repeater, set some logging variables, and watch what's happening. But it's been a while since I did any direct telnet debugging, and I can't recall what MON values would need to be set.

        I just went and checked my HS3 log for 'telnet' and saw only issues when the networking hardware had to be rebooted (managed switches and firmware upgrades). Otherwise, zero telnet errors now.

        Comment


          #5
          I'm sorry for you, if this is a stupid plugin for you, it is hard to understand your issue with the lack of details. I don't have that problem and it look you are the only one.

          I'm still there and I'm sure others in this forum also can help you find why this append with your setup.

          Comment

          Working...
          X