How to purge Timeclock events?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to purge Timeclock events?

Is there any fast way to bulk remove Timeclock events from HS3 that are no longer in the Main Repeaters?

As usual, holiday time get interesting when schedules change and devices get added/removed. I've been using the EasyTrigger scheduling options for events, and that's been working pretty well. I no longer need to have Timeclock events running on the Main Repeaters. So I deleted them using the Ra2 software.

I happened to notice there's still Timeclock events in HS3 that are no longer in the repeaters. I know the plug-in is capable of adding devices that are missing, but what about removing ones from HS that are no longer in the repeater? Or might that present other complications I'm not thinking about?

I had about 20 events that I had to delete. It wasn't a lot, but it was enough to make me wish there was a faster way. It's done now, so I no longer need to functionality, but someone else might in the future.

If I understand you would like to have a way to delete the HS device if it not existe in the main repeater?

Comment

Originally posted by DonMor View Post
      If I understand you would like to have a way to delete the HS device if it not existe in the main repeater?
      Yes, for the timeclock events it'd certainly be helpful. For others... I don't know how often actual devices would change or not. Given how expensive these are it's not like we're buying them on a whim and then deciding not to keep them.

Comment

I'm working on it and just find out when we delete a TimeclockEvent it also change the EventNumber if the one you delete is not the last EventNumber, I'll need to use the UUID to be sure TimeclockEvent follow the device in HS. See the example.

<TimeClockEvents><TimeClockEvent UUID="3615"Name="new event" Type="Fixed" Mode="Normal" Days="Sunday,Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday" ScheduleType="Weekly" EventNumber="1"
        <TimeClockEvent UUID="3627" Name="new 2 event" Type="Fixed" Mode="Normal" Days="Sunday,Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturd ay" ScheduleType="Weekly" EventNumber="2"

After deleting the new event the EventNumber of new 2 event change to "1"

<TimeClockEvents><TimeClockEvent UUID="3627" Name="new 2 event" Type="Fixed" Mode="Normal" Days="Sunday,Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday" ScheduleType="Weekly" EventNumber="1"

This mean if we delete a TimeClockEvent in the repeater the HS device may not work correctly as I need to send the EventNumber to the repeater.

Comment

I have not looked into how timeclock events are handled, either internally or through HS. I never called any timeclock events from HS. The only thing I've used has been devices and the home/away mode change.

If you need testing I'd be willing to add some extra events to my repeaters to help try things. I could grab some dbxmlinfo exports if you want a raw file for testing.

Comment

Working...
          X