MagicHome RGB LED Controller Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MagicHome RGB LED Controller Plugin

I have just released this plugin for v3 & v4 Magic Home RGB Controllers.

It is important to note that this plugin only currently supports RGB controllers and not RGBW or RGBWW controllers. however should you have a RGBW or RGBWW controller, please install the plugin and forward me your logs, along with a picture of the controller, i should be able to add support easily enough.

Hope you enjoy.

The user Guide is here. however there is little configuration required, just load the plugin and wait for the discovery and the devices to be created.

I've been waiting for someone to support these little devices. I'll set them up and send the information in a few weeks because I have a few of the RGBWW controllers I would like to use. I'll start with the RGB that you say are only now supported, but I have not yet connected. There are lots of users out there but this is the first Homeseer I've seen to support them. If I have the smart phone app already connected to them, what are the implications of keeping that set up running in parallel with your plug in because I have them connected by way of Google assistant?
    Will I be able to control them thru Homeseer in the same way, that is with the assistant?
    I'll try it when I have more time to play with the 30 trial to send that information and pictures of the RGBWW l would like to have running too.
    THanx

Comment

Yes there is no problems using alongside the app, I do a so also. Alexa support via the official MagicHome skill still works.

I have noticed an issue with setting the colour selection via events but dimming and on/off control works fine. I am currently working on adding some specific homeseer actions to overcome it. Will release a new version hopefully by next week.

Comment

Wow, thanks Stuart. I have a number of the LEDENET Magic UFO LED WIFI Controllers for RGBW RGBWW LED Strip Lights, see this Amazon link https://www.amazon.com/LEDENET-Contr...dp/B00MDKOSN0/

I have been pleased with their performance so far. What I have in HomeSeer turns the units off and on, some color change if certain conditions are met. I am using the drhslpPlugIn to turn the units On/Off and change color. This plugin works great, but requires some setup and the commands to control the unit need to reverse engineered... I have a bit of it done and wrote up how I was using the program in this thread, see https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ge...hting?t=190521. I used a packet capture program to get most of what needed and then set the strings up in the program, then created devices for the individual units for status, color and mode. When a device changes it runs a event for the program and using the data in the drhslpPlugin to control the LEDENET Magic UFO device.

I will hopefully be able to have a look at your program tonight. When you say forward you the logs, do we need to try to control one and forward you what works and doesn't or is just sending you a log of the interaction enough?

I have 8 or 10 of the LEDENET Magic UFO devices setup and working at home. We have them providing accent lighting under bathroom kick panels, in crown molding, in the kitchen kick panels, on kitchen counters, above the kitchen counters, closets, etc...

Billy

Comment

bdraper Are these controllers MagicHome controllers? i.e. are they controlled using the magichome app? If so then they will be discovered as part of the discovery when the application starts. Just set the logging to debug and restart the plugin and give me the log during app startup. If the device is discovered the log will show the model name

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzysb View Post
            bdraper Are these controllers MagicHome controllers? i.e. are they controlled using the magichome app? If so then they will be discovered as part of the discovery when the application starts. Just set the logging to debug and restart the plugin and give me the log during app startup. If the device is discovered the log will show the model name
            Yes the LEDENET Magic UFO devices are MagicHome controllers. That is the application that I initially used to set them up. I used the MagicHome app on my phone to capture the packets sent to the devices to fill in the information into the drhlpPlugin. I just installed the application and this is the log entry that was produced from all of my devices.
            MagicHome DEBUG The Discovered Device Model HF-LPB100-ZJ200 Is not supported in this plugin, to get support for this model, please use the forum to request support.
            fuzzysb Is this what you needed?
            Billy

Comment

Ok cheers. That certainly is all I need.

I will work on adding these devices in. Timing wise won't be for a week or so.

Comment

Ok sounds good. Thanks for looking at this, once yo get the device type added in, I can give the plugin a spin and see about using it as a replacement for the things I have stringed together.

Thanks again. Let me know if you need me to test anything.
                Billy

Comment

bdraper I have pushed v1.0.0.86 to the beta section of the updater (should be there within 24 hours), this adds support for Warm and Cool White for the model identified as "HF-LPB100-ZJ200". I am however flying blind as i dont have one of these devices or indeed any of the RGBWW devices. this should work but if you could test and let me know i will finalise and push to the Lighting Section of the updater.

I am still working on the actions for setting colours and white settings from events, this will be added soon, but i could do with the nod from you that it works or doesn't,

i will also be adding other models to be supported that i know are RGBWW and RGBW devices, again if anyone else has specific model which is currently unsupported just post me the model name which appears in debug logging when starting the plugin and a description (i.e. RGB/RGBW/RGBWW) and i will add the model to be supported.

Thanks

Comment

bdraper I have pushed v1.0.0.86 to the beta section of the updater (should be there within 24 hours), this adds support for Warm and Cool White for the model identified as "HF-LPB100-ZJ200". I am however flying blind as i dont have one of these devices or indeed any of the RGBWW devices. this should work but if you could test and let me know i will finalise and push to the Lighting Section of the updater.

I am still working on the actions for setting colours and white settings from events, this will be added soon, but i could do with the nod from you that it works or doesn't,

i will also be adding other models to be supported that i know are RGBWW and RGBW devices, again if anyone else has specific model which is currently unsupported just post me the model name which appears in debug logging when starting the plugin and a description (i.e. RGB/RGBW/RGBWW) and i will add the model to be supported.

Thanks
                    Ok, thanks. I just checked and do not see the 1.0.0.86 update in the beta section of the updater yet. I will continue to check back, just wanted to let you know that I have not seen anything to test yet.

Thanks again for the update.
                    Billy

Comment

Homeseer have approved it for release, but it's not published yet. Should be in the updater in the beta section soon, past experience says approx 6 hours after approval usually, so maybe in a couple hours time. I'm signing off for the night if it's not there in the morning I will chase

Comment

Homeseer have approved it for release, but it's not published yet. Should be in the updater in the beta section soon, past experience says approx 6 hours after approval usually, so maybe in a couple hours time. I'm signing off for the night if it's not there in the morning I will chase
                        Sounds good. I am working from home tonight on a conversion for work so I will check a few times before signing off tonight.
                        Billy

Comment

fuzzysb I was able to install the update this afternoon.I made 5 devices available to HomeSeer and the plugin eventually found then and created devices for them. I was able to turn a device off and on but the status was not indicated by the device. Basically what I mean is the LEDENET device was off, I clicked the On button on the device management page, the LEDENET device turned on, but the HomeSeer device still showed Off. I tried the other HomeSeer device buttons but none of the worked. Attached is a debug log of the entire session, hopefully it will show you something.

If I can test anything specific, let me know.

I attached a screenshot of the device that I was working with, if you need additional screenshots, let me know.

Thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	HSDeviceMagicHome01.jpg
Views:	1193
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	1273918

[ATTACH]n1273919[/ATTACH]
                          Billy

Comment

Thanks I think I may know what the issue is and I found another bug in this beta release as well I will work on it over the coming few days

Comment

Thanks I think I may know what the issue is and I found another bug in this beta release as well I will work on it over the coming few days
                              Sounds good, let me know if I can help with anything.

Thanks again for your work, it is appreciated.
                              Billy

Comment

Working...
                              X